Re: My phone doesnt ring, I only know someone called by voicemail prompt or if they send a follow up text.
granddogs

I have a Windows phone, it too does not ring when someone tries to call. It never will show as a missed call, but I only know it happened if they leave a vm. It seems to be happening more and more, very frustrating!

0 Likes
Re: My phone doesnt ring, I only know someone called by voicemail prompt or if they send a follow up text.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

granddogs, we don't want you to miss any important calls. We're stepping in to ease your frustrations. Are you missing calls every where that you go or in a specific area? Have you powered your device off/on since this issue started happening? How many bars of reception do you have?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
granddogs

Yes, I have tried powering off. Reception can go from 0 bars to 3 at any time. Mostly it happens when I am at home, but had happened other places too. Seems to be more and more frequent.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@granddogs

Thanks for the additional information!  It appears your device is not receiving a good enough signal to receive the incoming calls.  Which model Windows phone do you have?  When did this problem begin?  Does your phone have a case or glove on it?  If so, please test for a day or two with the case removed.  Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
granddogs

Thanks, I have the latest model, previously had to return for a new one twice due to the port being damaged and phone would not charge. I do not have a cover for it. I have wondered if I live where the signal is weak - but why does it work fine sometimes and lately is more frequent? The salesman at Verizon told me the Windows phones are not very good, lots of problems. Can't wait until I can upgrade! Appreciate your help though!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate you following up with us, granddogs. Let's review your area further. What zip code are you located in? Have you noticed if service improves outdoors versus indoors?
NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
granddogs

My zip code is 01057, the worst seems to be when I am inside my apartment

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Granddogs,

Thank you for the zip code. No outages have been reported in the area. What model phone do you have? Has anything changed within your apartment that may be interfering with the signal that you are aware of?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
earltash
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Optimus zone 2 from walmart i've been using now a month or so.

I have noticed at time it doesn't ring, and then it says i have voicemail.

I look and have full signal bars.

The person that calls will say it went right to voicemail n didn't ring at all.

I live about a mile from a tower, so i have full bars mosst the time, but at times it will drop to one bar for a few seconds. I expect this is when it does that...not ring....

0 Likes