My outgoing caller ID is wrong.
jhshim04

I switched mobile company from T-mobile to Verizon one month ago.

After use Verizon I found my outgoing caller ID is wrong.

Not my name and showing up wrong city name.

Today I called customer service center and asked what happened and I wanna add my name or correct location name.

Customer service supervisor told me if I want to change outgoing caller ID, I have to change my phone number.

Is it make sense??

Also they told me that problem is negative problem.

But some people don't answer my call because they don't have any friend other location like as show up caller ID.

I really disappointed their answer.

I found some similar case in this forum and some cases were solved.

Are those applied only home phone not mobile?

How can I change my outgoing caller ID? And Why did Verizon wireless show up the city name other than my name on outgoing caller ID?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My outgoing caller ID is wrong.
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon doesn't offer personal call id's

they are all set to Verizon wireless, city, number

if that information is wrong, you can reset it

It sounds like it is working correctly, and you have a number from a different city and that number is showing up

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you Elitist_Jerk for your response. It is greatly appreciated.

@jhshim04,

I definitely understand the importance of having the correct caller ID displayed when contacting your friends. If your outbound caller ID is not displaying correctly after porting in your number from T-Mobile we may need to file a trouble ticket to have it corrected.

If you are still experiencing issues with the caller ID please send me a private message and I will be more then happy to file a trouble ticket to have this corrected. Please include your name and mobile number so I can access your account. . 

Once I have your account information I will file the trouble ticket for you and it may take 4 to 5 business days to process.

Hope this information has fully addressed your concerns.

0 Likes
WhoCaresReally

The caller ID on all our phones, under our family plan, has always displayed the phone number and a generic ID of "cell phone ca" then all of a sudden tonight when my daughter called home, my full name (including my middle initial) appeared on the caller ID. 

Does anyone know how to change it back to the generic information? I don't want my full name appearing on all our phones.  I tried to find the information in the FAQ section but it appears they're experiencing technical difficulties and it states the pages are available.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

0 Likes