My contract is up, what do I owe if I leave?
ReignmanSS

Say I left Verizon, my billing cycle started today and if I went to another carrier say on Black Friday, I'd only be a few days in, what would I owe Verizon. I'm guessing they'd prorate the monthly fees, yes?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My contract is up, what do I owe if I leave?
rcschnoor
Legend

When you leave, your last billing cycle is NOT prorated. You will not get a refund for the portion of the month you have left after you leave.

ReignmanSS

So I owe them for a full month even though I'm not using it?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ReignmanSS

Wow, terrible. Yep, time to go, they'll get that bill, eventually.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's why many of us other customers suggest porting your number to another carrier as close as possible to the end of the billing cycle to avoid a similar situation.

You could always get a temporary number on the new carrier until you are closer to the end of your billing cycle. That's what I did the last time I started a new contract with a wireless carrier. Then you can port your phone number over the temp number at that time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ReignmanSS,  I am sad to hear that you were thinking about leaving us!  I hope I caught you in time!  What can I do to improve your wireless experience so that we can help keep you as a customer?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes