My above-ground trolley commute has terrible service!
Scott54

I switched to Verizon last March; specifically because of the supposedly great network. My trolley ride from 1002 Beacon street to 1842 Beacon street in Brighton, Ma has non-existant coverage. No data, can't check email, look at news apps, weather. Phone calls are terrible as well. Averaging -117 dbM. Tech support has found no issues with my Note 4 and they confirmed that coverage along this route is "marginal" at best. I'm paying twice as much as I was for a distinctly worse experience. Not happy! Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My above-ground trolley commute has terrible service!
pherson
Champion - Level 1

No. If it's marginal, it's marginal. They may or may not have plans in the very near future to fix it. Service is not guaranteed everywhere so you can deal with it or switch providers. In this day and age it's cut and dry.

0 Likes
Scott54

Thanks, I guess I fell for the old "Check coverage" scam. Put in my address, saw all that dark red on the map indicating superb signal and signed on the dotted line. Silly me.

0 Likes
T-J-
Enthusiast - Level 3

it might just be your phone.  I have found Samsung to have fairly weak radios .  I havent had one since the S4 though.  I have an HTC M8 now and it doesnt have the greatest radio either.  I have heard Motorola have some of the best radios in android phones.

0 Likes