Re: Multiple Issues
rcschnoor
Legend

andy27 wrote:

It appears to me that Verizon is cutting customer support as much as possible by long wait times, mindless menus that go in circles,

I have not seen this same decline in support. I called CS @ *611 from my phone 10 days ago. It took me ~2 minutes to speak to an actual person. They forwarded me to another department, maybe another ~2 minutes at most on hold before that person picked up, listened to my concern and addressed my request. I was calling to ask for a new SIM card(one of the NFC secure SIM cards) to be mailed to me. I received it in the mail the following day. No problems whatsoever.

My other instances of interacting with CS have had similar wait times/outcomes, although I only remember calling them maybe one other time in the last 6 months.Smiley Happy

uncleirv1

I'm glad you started this discussion since lots of us share your Verizon frustrations. I've been with Verizon as long as there has been a Verizon and never needed them until now...and their customer service is a disgrace...not for being polite on the phone and chat sessions, but in not following through to solve problems. They say that my problem will be within X number of hours. It is not! They say that they will call me back to follow up with me. They do not! I manage to reach a supervisor or sub contractor to help solve my problem and he gives me his direct phone number in the event the problem persists. It certainly persists and when I dial him, it goes into his voicemail. I leave messages...he does not call back.

Meanwhile, my 2 1/2 week old problem is unresolved.

...and what's the problem? Coincidently, on the day that we moved our land line service and Internet service from Verizon to another carrier (we did it only because the DSL speed is so slow), the callerID on my wifes Cell Phone goes haywire. Mine is fine but hers from her iPhone 5 to any land line gives the other party no indication anymore that my wife is calling. I have gone to My Verizon countless times and it shows her caller ID correctly, yet numerous customer service personnel assure me that the problem will be fixed within X hours. Thats my problem with the phone. The problem with Verizon not resolving the problem and the bigger issue in not keeping their promise is the bigger problem. We are at wits end and short of switching our cell service to another carrier, we don't know what to do anymore. Chances are also that nobody at Verizon reads these blogs and I'll probably get no help from them this way either...but hopefully somebody in blogland can help us or give us advise.

0 Likes
Not applicable

This is all about reducing cost and increasing profits.

0 Likes
andy27

Welcome to the Verizon Wireless Community

Join and discuss the latest news in Verizon Wireless products, services, and more...

That's what I read when I first go to the forum. The poster sounds like they are Discussing Services to me.

0 Likes