Multiple Issues
tdn120

Hello,

Since I cannot email support directly, I am starting a discussion here instead.  I am at a crossroads of either getting a new phone with my current Verizon plan or switching to a different service, and have several issues I want to sort out to help my decision.

First, as already mentioned, I can't just send support an email, which is always my preferred method of contact for support.  Email is the best way for me to clearly outline my issues or questions and proofread for errors before sending.  Your other options - chat or phone - are much more error prone and ineffective.  Is there any plan to restore email support?

Second, my current phone, a Droid 2, has just started fritzing out, supposedly due to humidity.  The touch screen now has a dead space in the middle, so that when I try to type "taco" it actually types "ryaxo", and if I try to scroll it actually zooms, because it is registering 2 touches.  It also likes to register touches when I am not even touching the screen, so apps start opening and performing actions on their own.  As I understand from Google searching, this is a known hardware issue that is fully denied by Verizon support, who only suggest software solutions.  Should I expect this level of service on future devices?

Third, I originally signed up with Verizon because, with the family plan, adding my device was only going to be ~$35 a month.  This year, when my dad asked me for my portion of the bill, my share was suddenly $50 a month, which is, as they say, "too damn high".  Should I expect my bill to continue to mysteriously increase?

Fourth, after researching what phone would be best to replace my defunct Droid 2, it seems that the current consensus is that the HTC One is the top quality phone on the market right now.  And, of course, it is not offered by Verizon.  If I buy the HTC One Google Edition when it comes out later this month, will I be able to use it on Verizon service?  If not, should I expect it to ever be offered directly from Verizon?

Fifth, when should I expect Verizon to stop stonewalling Google and allow their Wallet app to function properly with NFC and the security chip?

Sixth, the reception in my apartment, in the middle of Manhattan, is absolutely TERRIBLE.  My roommate, however, has AT&T, and does not have reception issues.  I would like to know if my area's coverage is currently being improved, or if I will just have to accept that I cannot reliably make calls/texts from my apartment.  I'd give you the address, but this is a public forum and not a private email (see point 1). 

Ok, I think that's it.  Please let me know about each of these issues.

Thanks,

Thomas

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Multiple Issues
Not applicable

This is a customer to customer support forum.  No, Verizon is not going to reinstate email.  They eliminated it for a reason.  The rest of your quesions are nothing more than gripes that nobody here can help you with.  If you have any real issues, contact Verizon.

0 Likes
tdn120

Ok, how would I go about doing that, exactly?

0 Likes
Not applicable

*611 on your phone or chat on this site.

0 Likes
tdn120

Again, see point 1.  And chat was disabled when I posted this.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Again, this is a customer to customer support forum.  Verizon no longer uses email for customer communications.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also use another phone (like the roommate's phone) and reach customer service at 1-800-922-0204

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tdn120

Chat finally opened up, so I went for it.  Here's a summary of the answers for anyone interested:

Second, my current phone, a Droid 2, has just started fritzing out, supposedly due to humidity.  The touch screen now has a dead space in the middle, so that when I try to type "taco" it actually types "ryaxo", and if I try to scroll it actually zooms, because it is registering 2 touches.  It also likes to register touches when I am not even touching the screen, so apps start opening and performing actions on their own.  As I understand from Google searching, this is a known hardware issue that is fully denied by Verizon support, who only suggest software solutions.  Should I expect this level of service on future devices?

Hadn't heard of the issue before, suggested a hard reset, but noted that may or may not fix the issue.

Third, I originally signed up with Verizon because, with the family plan, adding my device was only going to be ~$35 a month.  This year, when my dad asked me for my portion of the bill, my share was suddenly $50 a month, which is, as they say, "too **** high".  Should I expect my bill to continue to mysteriously increase?

Got the full bill breakdown, and found out I was paying for NFL Mobile since September.  Yikes!

Fourth, after researching what phone would be best to replace my defunct Droid 2, it seems that the current consensus is that the HTC One is the top quality phone on the market right now.  And, of course, it is not offered by Verizon.  If I buy the HTC One Google Edition when it comes out later this month, will I be able to use it on Verizon service?  If not, should I expect it to ever be offered directly from Verizon?

Informed that HTC One was just announced for Verizon.  Google Edition will not be supported due to it being a GSM phone.

Fifth, when should I expect Verizon to stop stonewalling Google and allow their Wallet app to function properly with NFC and the security chip?

No info on Google Wallet.  Mentioned Verizon has its own payment app, Isis, that is starting to roll out.

Sixth, the reception in my apartment, in the middle of Manhattan, is absolutely TERRIBLE.  My roommate, however, has AT&T, and does not have reception issues.  I would like to know if my area's coverage is currently being improved, or if I will just have to accept that I cannot reliably make calls/texts from my apartment.  I'd give you the address, but this is a public forum and not a private email (see point 1).

Checked the map, which looked ok, and mentioned that it's line-of-site, so my building is probably just in a bad spot.  Suggested I do a *228 Option 2 to update the Preferred Roaming List.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks for posting that information.

0 Likes
andy27

It appears to me that Verizon is cutting customer support as much as possible by long wait times, mindless menus that go in circles, no written email communication etc in an effort to discourage customers from using support.

Yesterday I tried a chat session when I could not get through the menus to a real person. The chat person was stumped and had me call customer service on a land line while they waited. When I got to the endless loop phone menu the Chat technician had me hang up, dial again and said now this time when it asks for your phone number DON'T enter it. It will ask 3 times and then take you to a real person.

If you follow the menus and press an option to speak to a rep it will take you to a menu that asks if you want to add minutes to your account and all kinds of options except talking to a live rep.

Either it's just me or Verizon's claims of great customer support will not be accurate much longer.

0 Likes