More switch problems
GREG_AM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am unhappily reporting more switch problems.  I switched in April.  Only one phone had any trade in value.  I sent that one in after waiting a long time for the shipping box to arrive.  Then applied at VZW.COM/switch for the rebate.  I got a bill credit for $60.00.  I owed 300 on the phone and it was probably worth that on the used market.  I submitted everything I was asked for (final bill and trade in confirmation) but got a notification a week later that my submission was incomplete.  I resubmitted and never heard another thing.  I checked today and found that my request for rebate was denied because it was outside the time limits of the promotion. 

Essentially I got $60.00 for a $300.00 phone.  I would never have submitted it had I known that.  Nor would I have switched to Verizon if I knew this process would be this onerous.  It seems that the process to claim this rebate is intentionally complex and time consuming to prevent people from being able to use it.  It's not a great feeling at the start of my service with Verizon.  They now say I have no recourse.  This needs to be fixed. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: More switch problems
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It isn't complex. When you switch you get the trade in value of the device on a gift card. It could be $200. Then when you get your last bill and submit it you get a bill credit for the what you owe minus what you got for the trade in in the amount of up to $650. You neglected to tell us how much you received for the trade in. My guess was $240 since you owed $300 and got a $60 bill credit.

0 Likes
GREG_AM
Enthusiast - Level 2

The reason I left that part out is because I never got it.  I got a $60.00 bill credit, period.  They got my phone, then refused to proceed any further as it was then beyond the 60 day period of the promotion.  I would have no complaint if I had received fair value for the phone.  But I didn't, and frankly I feel a little robbed. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

How much did you pay for your phone(total amount) when you switched to Verizon?

0 Likes
GREG_AM
Enthusiast - Level 2

$301.64

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So you sent the phone and it was after the promotional period but you wanted the promotion anyway?

How much was the phone appraised at?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The phone you purchased from Verizon not what you traded in.

0 Likes
GREG_AM
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone I purchased to replace the trade in was $399.

My trade in was appraised at $62.00.  It was late being sent in because they did not send the shipping box or label for weeks.  If they were willing to accept it they should have fulfilled their obligation in the matter.  VZW did not.  They took my phone but did not fulfill their end of the contract. 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So you got $60 instead of $62. However, to the best of my knowledge, labels are available to print from your My Verizon page and you can use any packaging that protect the device for shipping.

0 Likes
GREG_AM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes clearly you share Verizon's position in this.  I have heard all the reasons that this is my fault.  Most businesses I think try to help their customers be satisfied and to get started on the right foot.  This promotion was not designed for that, just bait for a hook.  Once you bite they are done.  Clearly I am not the only one experiencing these problems.  I have no interest in arguing with you about all the ways I could have done this differently.  Truth is I followed Verizon's direction in all I did and was left in the position I am.  They got me this time but will lose my business from this point forward.  Probably not a big deal to them but what more can I do? 

0 Likes