Mobile Email
digitalv

just switched to Verizon this weekend and recently got a text msg from Verizon stating that my plan has mobile email included in it. However, when I go into the mobile mail menu the only option that is available to be chosen is a $5/month subscription plan.

Do I need to choose that option? Would hate to choose the option only to get nailed with a charge.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile Email
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Correction Suzy, the Connect plan includes Mobile Email as well. So it's included in both the Premium and Connect plans. :smileywink:

If you got that text message advising you that it's included in your plan then you're good to go. The Mobile Email page that you're seeing will ALWAYS say that. Sometimes if you highlight the subscription option of $5 it should start scrolling and it will say (included in Premium and Connect plans). But go ahead and download the application. You will not be charged an additional $5 if you already have the Premium or Connect plans.

Also, included with both of these plans is unlimited data access. So you would not be charged extra to access your emails using the Mobile Email application or for web browsing.

Review the included plan features for Select, Connect and Premium here.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

First, which plan do you have?  If it's Premium, the Mobile Email is included and the $5 fee is waived.  If you have Connect, Select, or Basic, then it IS $5/month for Mobile Email.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Correction Suzy, the Connect plan includes Mobile Email as well. So it's included in both the Premium and Connect plans. :smileywink:

If you got that text message advising you that it's included in your plan then you're good to go. The Mobile Email page that you're seeing will ALWAYS say that. Sometimes if you highlight the subscription option of $5 it should start scrolling and it will say (included in Premium and Connect plans). But go ahead and download the application. You will not be charged an additional $5 if you already have the Premium or Connect plans.

Also, included with both of these plans is unlimited data access. So you would not be charged extra to access your emails using the Mobile Email application or for web browsing.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

nmchileman wrote:

Yup-right as usual chile.  :smileyhappy:  Thanks for setting me straight, and Connect is looking better and better for me all the time.  Web and email for an extra $10 a month to bump my Select to Connect, for my line only (I am the primary line) on my family plan - can I do that?

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Yeah, you can certainly do it on a per line basis. So your line would bump up $10 but all the Secondary lines will remain at $9.99, they just don't get the additional features of course.

0 Likes
digitalv

Yea, I've got an connect plan.

So I need to go into that $5 monthly subscription menu in order to download the mobile email app?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may already be installed on your phone, and you just need to "agree" to the terms.  If not, agree and download - either way, with Connect you are covered, no additional charges will show up on your bill.

0 Likes