Mobile Email problems w/Pantech Hotshot
NESQueen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just started using the phone today and I'm having a glitch with the mobile email feature. It was already installed on the phone, but when I went to use it the first time I was asked if I wanted to use the free trial, or buy the app. I picked buy as i have a data plan that includes it free, but the app wouldn't download and run. Switched to free trial mode and it worked like a charm.

Free trial has since ended, and I can't get it to allow me to buy the app fully to use. Phone just keeps saying "connecting... downloading... connecting..." and ultimately ends on the media center screen with a message "No items were found."

I can't even figure out how to remove the app completely and start over. It just won't let me access email anymore.

Suggestions?

Labels (1)
Re: Mobile Email problems w/Pantech Hotshot
shanetw

Same Problem...

0 Likes
wlankena

same problem

0 Likes
NESQueen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I even tried checking the www.verizonwireless.com/apps site to reinstall from there, and according to Verizon "This app is not available for your phone."

Really? Then why does the phone come with it preinstalled? Why is there no option to even remove it from the phone as there is with other apps?

I even submitted an email to customer support 2 days ago and got the standard auto reply of "we will respond to your inquiry within 24 hours." No response from them at all. I love customer support, they're so.... supportive.

0 Likes
frao74

Same problem... I might have to call VZW customer service for this one later today to see what they say

0 Likes
NESQueen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Email response I got from customer support said to remove the battery while the phone was on, wait 15 seconds, then reinstall the battery and try again. I did all of that, and it made no difference at all. Still have the same issues.

Only other thing they said to me was to call them from a different phone and they would try to troubleshoot the issue with me over the phone. This isn't an option for me as I do not have another phone line to call from.

Looks like I need to find time to stop in a store in person and figure this mess out. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue though, at least I know it's not something silly I'm not doing correctly.

0 Likes
jenrummie

Same problem!

Just spent 57 minutes on the phone with Verizon....and NO they weren't able to fix the problm.  They suggested that I take it to the store where I purchased the device.  I told them I didn't purchase the device from a store but that I purchased it from their website.  They directed me to my nearest Verizon store. 

So FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
DGxx

Verizon tech support says the Pantech Hotshot is not being recognized by the system, but will be as soon as a software update becomes available.   Mobile email is available and works when the "try" option is selected.   Selecting the "buy" option leads to nowhere, but is to be fixed soon, not defined.    Yes, it has been very frustrating, but otherwise like the phone.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Community, 

Thanks for your feedback in relation to the mobile email set up on the Pantech Hotshot.

Because of you, we have been able to notify Pantech in an effort to get the mobile email set up to work properly.

Thanks for your patience while we get this resolved!

NESQueen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else also having problems setting up bluetooth in addition to the email problems with this phone?

I finally got around to setting up bluetooth with my car (trying to at least), and it won't work. Phone sees the car's bluetooth during pairing, but as soon as I tell it to pair to the car I get an error and it won't pair. I've had no problems pairing my previous 2 phones with this same car, but it won't work with the Pantech.

0 Likes