Mobile Email Alerts - Not Getting Them
PooNug
I set up my gmail and hotmail email accounts for mobile email on my Samsung Trance, but I'm not getting alerts.  I turned on alerts to "Always" but I barely get any.  I get alerts once in a while for hotmail but very rarely.  Gmail I never get alerts.  Help please.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Email Alerts - Not Getting Them
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2

Hey Nug,

I know on hotmail once you sign in to view your messages (from a PC) in the top right hand corner you can go into options/settings/acct settings (i dont know what the exact word is) and then from there you can click mobile settings and enable them from the email server. as I understood, you did that from the email server from your phone, so...

I was thinking that you could try to do it from your computer instead.

Hope this helps you!

0 Likes
PooNug
Yea I looked into that but all that does is send me text messages when I get an email.  Shouldn't have to do that it should just alert me through the phones mobile email service, but it doesn't alert me every time.  Probably one out of ever 15 emails to my hotmail account do I get an alert.
0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2
This could also be a problem with hotmail NOT sending them. I have personally experienced issues with yahoo sms alerts not being sent to me, but the actual email already being in there, or it is delayed, so it is very possible that it is something beyond your control, even though you have set it up correctly.

Good Luck
0 Likes