Mobile E-mail time incorrect
vinny8806
I just added mobile e-mail to my lg dare.  When I received my first e-mail it said it was received at 2:23 AM 5/26/09, when it was actually 9:30 PM 5/25/09.  I signed on to my e-mail on my computer and the time is correct on there.  Is there a setting in my phone that I need to change.  I have already talked to CSR and they had me do a soft reset, but that didn't work.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile E-mail time incorrect
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2

vinny,

if you login to email from your pc, and send an email to yourself, what time does the 'message recieved' say? it may be that you just need to change your email settings to reflect the correct time zone that you are in.

The time on YOUR computer has nothing to do with what time the email server has on their end.

0 Likes
ryan0240

I too have an LG Dare...same problem. The time is 5 hours ahead of what it actually is?

anyone else have or solve this problem?

0 Likes
kmfesquire
Exact same problem here with my LG Dare and mobile e-mail.  Has anyone been able to figure this out?
0 Likes
mommy2kane

I have the LG enV Touch, but I have the same problem.  My mobile email time is actually 4 hours ahead of the actual time.  I spoke with Customer Service over the weekend about it, and they said it's a Verizon issue.  Currently, there's nothing that can be done about it.  The CSR said her own phone had the time issue as well.  She told me to keep checking for new updates in my Mobile Email and hopefully it would be fixed in a future update.

So, for now, the time is just going to be "off."

0 Likes
ryan0240

thanks for the responses.

I emailed vzw customer service and the woman called me and told me to try deleting and redownloading the app. I did that, still not correct. She said if that doesn't correct the problem to call technical support to help with the issue.

I was going to do that, but if its a vzw issue then there would be no point.

0 Likes