Mislead by representatives. Resulted in $30+ in overage charges.
saiIor

So about a month ago, I was interested in increasing my data plan from 1GB. Curious as to my options, I called Verizon's number to speak to a representative. I was told that, guess what, I was eligible to increase my data plan from 1GB to 2GB for no extra charge! I was a bit skeptical, so I asked her to clarify what she said, and she insisted that all she'd have to do is apply it on her end, and within a few minutes I'd be able to use my extra GB! Perfect! So, it sounded like a no-brainer, so I accepted.

So, I go into my phone, increase my data cap to 2GB (ya know, the setting that makes your phone disable data when you reach a certain amount), and happily use that extra GB that I thought I had! Fast forward to today, when I decide to log onto my Verizon account on a whim. Much to my horror, I see that I'm under a 1GB plan, and that I'm being charged $30+ in overages...!

Frustrated, I decide to use the "chat" feature on the website for help. Long story short, the person with whom I speak more or less implies that I misunderstood what the previous representative told me (to top it off, she said she had no records of that event, so now I'm a liar) and that I would need to switch my plan over and go through certain hoops to make the change. No way. I know what I was told. As I said, I vetted the representative that all it took was my go-ahead for her to increase my data. I'm a careful person, and wouldn't increase my cap without knowing what I was getting into.

Not to mention, the representative I later spoke with, apologizing for my supposed incompetence, said they'd remove the $30 overages on my account... which didn't happen. Brilliant.

I'm sincerely not trying to be difficult, but c'mon guys, work with me here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mislead by representatives. Resulted in $30+ in overage charges.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being billed correctly is definitely a must so I understand how you feel sailor. I apologize for all the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you. I want to help get to the bottom of this.

Please reply to the Direct Message I just sent you so I can access your account and further assist. I am confident we cab get this all cleared up.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Mislead by representatives. Resulted in $30+ in overage charges.
Snn5
Legend

What plan are you on? How many gigs over? Data changes mid month are prorated.