Re: Minimum term service contract fee
mama23dogs
Legend

@myounis wrote:

That seems really messed up. In essence, I'm subsidizing the benefit my previous employer (A fortune 500 company) gets from Verizon (wether it be discounted devices or reduced line costs). It's like welfare for coporations.

I get what you mean, but it has nothing to do with it being a big corporation.  Individual accounts would transfer an obligation as well.  Too bad the business didn’t make sure your line was free and clear.   Or that you didn’t port to another carrier, which would have stuck them with the ETF

myounis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea. Lesson learned. I wish I had better information at the time to make a more informed decision.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to be charged for something that we do not want you to have! Being a loyal customer to us, we would hate to see you go. Are you able to provide a screenshot to what charge you would be referring to? MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We never want you to be charged for something that we do not want you to have! Being a loyal customer to us, we would hate to see you go. Are you able to provide a screenshot to what charge you would be referring to? MichelleH_VZW

The OP already did provide the image you requested in their original post. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is correct, myounis. If your employer signed a 2-year agreement to get a discount on a phone on your line and then you did a Transfer of Service to keep that phone number, you assume all responsibility for that number, including the 2-year contract. Does this help answer your question? 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Transfer of Service moves service from one responsible party to the another. This option is completely up to the customer. You can view more details here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/transfer-your-service-faqs/. Does this answer your question?  BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
myounis
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply. The challenge I have is when I did the transfer of service the agent at the time told me that they'd "make it go away". It didn't go away and showed up on my account. I followed up later on the phone and similary an agent said they would remove it and they did for a couple of weeks but now it's back again.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information, myounis. Just to clarify what you are stating, you have had charges of $20.00 on your last two bills, correct? When you look at the charge on the bill, what is it labeled as?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thank you for the information, myounis. Just to clarify what you are stating, you have had charges of $20.00 on your last two bills, correct? When you look at the charge on the bill, what is it labeled as?

PedroM_VZW

As noted in the original post by the OP in this discussion thread, the charge is labeled "Minimum Term Service Contract". I hope from the previous posts in this discussion thread, the OP already has clarification on what is the fee and why it is on their bill. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CassieG_VZW The Minimum Term Service Contract charge is for subsidized phones. 

0 Likes