Military in afghanastan needing help asap!
Seanblue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey my name is sean, im in the us airforce and have been deployed since october. i let verizon know about this and had them put my service on military hold until i came back. well 3 times now i have gotten emails saying im past due on my bill. for my account which should be on hold. everytime i had to go through a thousand diffrent high ranking people to get the ok and access to call verizon from here in afghanastan, and all three times they took away the bill and told me it wouldnt happen again. well sure enough just yesterday i got another email from them saying my bill is past due. my phones(two of them) both say there suspended which im guessing is correct, but there still trying to bill me WHILE IM IN AFGHANASTAN! the only problem now is ive used all my emergency US calls the last 3 times fixing this exact same problem. so now i have no way of contacting them at all since they no longer us email and live chat doesnt work here in afghanastan. i need to get this fixed asap since verizon is now calling my family trying to get them to pay my bill and ignoring them when they say im deployed in afghanastan and that my account should be on hold. someone please please please help me out here. i have a lot more pressing things that i have to deal with everyday here in afghanstan and its completely rediculouse that verizon has tryed to bill me 4 times now when they know im in afghanastan! thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
Re: Military in afghanastan needing help asap!
B33
Legend

Sean front and formost Thank you for your Service)  My Dad was a Military Man served in Vietnam..

Have a Look at the Info I put below) 

What your dealing with now should of been top priority and the person's that you contacted should of took it like that.. Hopefully there is a Employee that visits this Contacts you takes it Serious and gets the Job done as your doing over there..

Again thanks for Service and here's the Info Via the Link: I'll see if I can find some info for ya

http://responsibility.verizon.com/military-leave

B33
Legend

Here's some more Info I found..

https://insidersguide.vzw.com/network-and-plans/suspend-reconnect-verizon-wireless-service-how-to/

I found this:  But when i clicked on the Link I ran kind of in a Road Block wonder why that is)

Verizon offers extended suspensions of up to 48 months for active duty  military personnel. If you’re enlisted in the U.S. military, you’ll need  to contact Verizon Customer Service directly to initiate the process.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your service in the military Seanblue. I'm sorry you have to keep dealing with this issue over and over. You're correct, this should have been resolved the first time you called. We would love to help get this fixed for you. Are there other lines on your account that are active and being billed? You can send us a private message so we can gather more information and get this fixed immediately.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Seanblue
Enthusiast - Level 2

ugh. i just tryed sending u a message and it wont let me. says i have to be connected to you or something.

0 Likes
Seanblue
Enthusiast - Level 2

im also now seeing that you are making bad impacts on my credit! during all of this! i need this to be fixed now!

0 Likes
Seanblue
Enthusiast - Level 2

please let me know exactly what i need to do to get this fixed so verizons screw up stops ruining my credit score!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

and 

0 Likes
Seanblue
Enthusiast - Level 2

i just tried it and it will not let me because "You can only send Direct Messages to your Friends / Connections (people following you). You must remove users marked with an exclamation point before your message can be sent."

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's correct ... per the posted instructions, you have to send a Follow request (the button is on the far upper right-hand side of their profile page) to KinquanaH_VZW (click their profile link in my other post to get to their profile page) that they have to accept.  They, in turn, have to send a Follow request to you that you'll have to accept.  Once you both are Following each other, then you can send them a Direct Message.

0 Likes