Military 3 year PCS to the UK
ChrisHodal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will be moving to Wales, UK shortly for 3 years and will be utilizing our phones over there. 2 of my 3 lines will need to be unlocked and suspended for that time. Those phones also have device payment plans. I’m tracking suspending them will also suspend those DPPs but I’m really not looking forward to resuming those DPPs on those 3+ year old phones when I return to the states.

Since I will still have 1 active phone on the account can I still pay the suspended phones DPPs? If I suspend those phones past the 3 year and 90 day maximum suspend time and those lines are terminated, will I get a $1,500 (roughly what I owe for the phones) bill for those phones. 

Looking at what my options are. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Re: Military 3 year PCS to the UK
mama23dogs
Legend

Try this thread for better information on military cancelation with number/s held.  
scroll down for the full FAQ 

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/My-Verizon/Military-Deployment-Phone-Suspension/m-p/1022058...

[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChrisHodal, we certainly want to provide you with all of the correct information. Than you for your service to our country as well. We are here to help.

We deeply apologize, but the Military suspension option will also suspend the monthly payments for your Device Payment Plans as well. This means when the lines are reconnected the monthly payments for the phones will resume. Currently, there is no option to pay monthly on a Device Payment Plan that is suspended.

If you were to cancel the lines, then the full amounts owed for the phones would be due on the following bill afterward. You do have the option to fully pay off a device when you have the full amount of its phone's balance. So you can put money to the side and pay one of them off when you have the funds, and then do the same for the other. 

We hope this information helps.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Are you kidding?  You removed the email address VERIZON PUBLISHED for military cancelation.  

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Is Verizon not honoring the SCRA?

https://www.military.com/benefits/military-legal-matters/scra/servicemembers-civil-relief-act-overvi...

FYI the option to waive remaining payments is the discretion of the cell carrier.  At&t waives them as long as your upgrade was not recent (in which case the require you return the phone) 

0 Likes