Mifi is awful, customer service a joke
waxcandy

I remember the good old days when I walked into the Verizon store with a big smile on my face, waving and having a great time with everyone.  The customer service at Verizon was amazing at one time, and I became a loyal customer.

This spring I signed up for wireless internet service.  The sales rep, as it turns out, was a bastion of misinformation who has cost me lots of money, and left me in a lurch with a plan that doesn't do what I wanted it to do, and another year and a half until the contract runs out, or a high cost to cancel the service.

I called to express my disappointment with Verizon.  Reading through the forum, and looking at the reviews for Mifi, it doesn't sound like many people are very happy with this internet service.  I'm sure Verizon gets this complaint a lot-- since if you call to say "this internet sucks, I want to get out of my contract" they just say "ok- just pay the early termination fee"

Today, Verizon let an upset customer leave the store.  It didn't matter what I told the guy, he wouldn't budge.  Same thing on the phone.  Long gone is the Verizon that didn't let unhappy people customers walk out the door.  Now we have megagiant VERIZON and they don't need to make anyone happy.  We have no options and one is just as bad as the other.

To make matters worse, I read in the service contract today that Verizon customers can't file a class action law suit against Verizon. 

That can't be legal, can it?

All in all, super frustrated with Verizon.  Super disappointed.  Will never sign a piece of paper in a cell phone store again.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Mifi is awful, customer service a joke
Not applicable

There is a gentleman I think his name is John Getzke who is very knowledgeable about mifi and wifi and computers maybe he will reply to your post if you state what your problem actually is.

Just post back with your mifi issue. I am positive he can assist.

Good Luck

please remember he is a customer like you and I and not working for verizon.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

To make matters worse, I read in the service contract today that Verizon customers can't file a class action law suit against Verizon.

That can't be legal, can it?

Yep, it is legal. The U.S. Supreme Court in 2011, ruled in AT&T's favor and now many companies are adding the clause to their Customer Agreements

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

Yes it is true that VZW customers cannot enter a Class Action lawsuit against VZW.  This is becoming more and more of a common occurrence in America with many major corporations, VZW is not the only one.  The only way to litigate against VZW is in a small claims court or in moderation as an individual.  Those who claim they are going to exercise that right never respond back to the forums so we do not have a good idea of how successful those efforts are.

To assist you we would need to know your specific MiFi model and the symptoms of the problems that you were experiencing.  If you are interested then I'm happy to share what has been learned on the forums and my personal experience with these devices.