Mifi Problem or Tower Problem
Jonah135

When I began my search for Wifi, I called all local wireless providers, and they all said the could not get service to my home. So then I had an idea, The verizon tower is within eyesight of my home, so I went in to look into mifi. First, they accidentally told me the wrong amount that it would cost a month by $15, but I asked, if the signal would be the same in my town 45 minutes away. They said it would. I immediately went to a home in the same town that I bought it and tested the speed , 65+ Mbps! It was awesome, then I brought it home, again, within eyesight of the verizon tower. .5Mbps.... not 5, but 0.5 and that is until it slows gets cut to .25 after I used too much of the beyond unlimited. BTW I really dislike what happens when I go "beyond" the unlimited. Well I have moved the placement of the box 32 times and no difference. I can't get anything to work. Options are... Signal Booster, Antenna, or Moving lol. The entire town has been having cell service issues, and we have a tower besides us 75656 Hughes Springs. But it does not seem to be working right, or I should have the same service as the larger town. Any tips? A contact number to talk to a tower person would be great, I recieved an email saying they would check on the tower and email me back, but that seems to not be the case. And is a signal booster something that would truly fix the issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mifi Problem or Tower Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jonah135, this is not the type of network experience we would like you to have for data services with Verizon. The accurate pricing should have been provided upfront, so we truly apologize for any issues with the quote. We are here to work toward a resolution on the slow data speeds. The first step is to gather more details. There were not any network alerts in this area. Do the problems happen indoors or outdoors? Have you noticed the slow speeds happening at certain times of the day? About how far do you have to travel away from the zip code provided to get better service?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Mifi Problem or Tower Problem
boringusername
Master - Level 1

How could you be getting the same signal form 45 minutes away? Clearly you'd be using different towers. even locations using the SAME tower will vary.

0 Likes