Messages Don't Send Off WiFi?
NCHornet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using the Messages app on my laptop and LG G2 Phone. Before I was using the stock Verizon texting app with zero issues. I downloaded the Messages app on my phone and laptop, they seem to sync up just fine. The problem I have is when I leave my home WiFi network the messages I send or reply to on my LG G2 Phone only get sent maybe 50% of the time. I have checked all the setting and it all looks fine. So why won't they send? As soon as I get back to the house they send right away. Any help would be great.

Thanks

NCH

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messages Don't Send Off WiFi?
NCHornet
Enthusiast - Level 3

The people can vary that don't go through. I haven't noticed this happening with any certain contacts or types of contacts. I am going to remove it from my phone and do a clean install one more time. I will post back later on with my findings.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Just to be clear, you're having issues sending text messages using the Message+ app on your LG G2 while connected to Verizon services, but while connected to your home Wi-Fi you can send messages through your Message+ app on your LG G2, is that correct?

0 Likes
NCHornet
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I noticed a couple days ago that I was about a block away from home and went to send my daughter a message. I hit send and a message came up telling me that global texting rates would apply. What????? Now where I live has always said "voice roam" but I have never been charged a roaming fee, so where is this "global texting rates" coming from?  I never accepted the increase in charges, I just drove towards the house. As soon as I was within range of my home the message sent right away and showed "dleivered". Normally it would say "sending" until I  would be within range of my home or unrestricted wifi service.

NCH

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What's your zip code? Did it send as you got near the house because it picked up your Wi-Fi? Or was Wi-Fi turned off?

0 Likes
NCHornet
Enthusiast - Level 3

My zip code is 27030, I believe it sent because I got near my home wifi service.  This all started when I switched to this new Integrated Messaging App, prior to this I used the Verizon stock texting app as well as Chomp app with zero issues sending from my phone when not near wifi and just on cellular service alone.

0 Likes
NCHornet
Enthusiast - Level 3

WIFI Stays on all the time on this phone. It should never be off.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I noticed that the messages that get sent using Verizon's integrated messaging app get saved to your Verizon Cloud. Something I would check is how much space you have available in your Cloud; while this is most likely not the culprit to you not being able to send messages 100% of the time from your phone it's good to eliminate issues as well.

Have you also tried clearing the cache and data of the app?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi NCHornet,

Thanks for the details! Lets get this resolved. Are you using a signature with symbols or pictures in text messages? When the error pops up in VZW messaging, if you go to the stock messaging application, does the same message send?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NCHornet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will try tomorrow by installing the stock app and see if it sends outside wifi areas. I am not using a signature of any shape or form and no these are just simple text messages, no pics, no music, just short text messages usually under 60 or 70 letters long. They are also text to a single person, no group messages.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Is it always to the same person? Or is a variety of people you're trying to message?

0 Likes