Merging two family accounts
helixcon

My wife and I are on a shared 700 minute plan, each with a data plan (unlimited and 4GB respectively). My mom and sister are also on a separate shared plan, neither currently has a smartphone, and both lines are well out of contract. I would transfer their lines to my account, and upgrade my sister to a smartphone with data at the same time.

After reading several questions and answers on here, it seems like we should do the following:

1) My sister should take advantage of her upgrade eligibility and upgrade to a smartphone with, say, the 2GB data plan.

2) I would then do an AoL on both of their lines.

Do I have this correct? Is it important that she upgrade before the AoL? Is there any point in this process at which point my wife or I would be in danger of losing our current data plans? I do not want to switch to a Share Everything plan at this point.

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Merging two family accounts
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

helixcon wrote:

... Is it important that she upgrade before the AoL? Is there any point in this process at which point my wife or I would be in danger of losing our current data plans? I do not want to switch to a Share Everything plan at this point.

Your sister should upgrade first - when you do the AOL it sometimes adds time (one year?) to the added lines' contract if they have less than a year, so upgrade, get her contract set.  THEN do the AOL.  Be aware they WILL try to upsell you and convince you of the Share Everything benefits.... and sell you everything else (Mifi, Home Connect, accessories...)  they can too!   If you don't want the Share everything, say so - your line and your wife's line should NOT be affected by this - although you may want to increase your minute allowance...  that's up to you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

helixcon wrote:

... Is it important that she upgrade before the AoL? Is there any point in this process at which point my wife or I would be in danger of losing our current data plans? I do not want to switch to a Share Everything plan at this point.

Your sister should upgrade first - when you do the AOL it sometimes adds time (one year?) to the added lines' contract if they have less than a year, so upgrade, get her contract set.  THEN do the AOL.  Be aware they WILL try to upsell you and convince you of the Share Everything benefits.... and sell you everything else (Mifi, Home Connect, accessories...)  they can too!   If you don't want the Share everything, say so - your line and your wife's line should NOT be affected by this - although you may want to increase your minute allowance...  that's up to you.

0 Likes
helixcon

Thank you!

0 Likes