Re: Loyalty plan stopped getting access discount after a year
ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for repeating what I already told the original poster!!

0 Likes
juliebugg
Contributor - Level 1

Oh your Quite Welcome =] , i was not able to finish my entire post before it got posted, I was going to explain what the qualifications were to why some of the plans do NOT qualify and that is because the monthly access fee must be $34.99 or higher and the data features must be $24.99 to qualify for the discount. if your account meets this criteria then you can infract still get the employer discount that is offered.

0 Likes
ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

The information you are providing to the OP, though true, is not relevant to the plan in question.  The loyalty plan is $60 period.  There is no breakdown of smartphone access and data access, as there is in the More Everything plan set.  So, by definition the loyalty plan by itself meets the price point for employee discounts but since Verizon considers it a promotional plan it does not qualify for further discounting.

Here is the rational that Verizon uses...  In the loyalty plan you get unlimited talk/text and 2GB of data for a flat rate of $60.  So, for instance if the OP decided that 2GB of data is more than needed, within the loyalty plan there is no option to select a lower your data allowance to reduce the plans cost.  To get a lower cost plan the OP would have to select an entirely different plan.  In this case the options would be the more everything plan option, where unlimited talk/text and 1GB of data would be $80 (before taxes/fees) or the single line plan that would be $75 for unlimited talk/text and 2GB of data.  In the above scenarios one plan cost more for less data and in the other plan the OP would get the same amount of data for $15 more.  So, as far as Verizon is concerned loyalty plan members are getting already getting a 20-25% discount. Hence no further discounts for loyalty plan members   

0 Likes
juliebugg
Contributor - Level 1

Actually that is incorrect! you should try calling employment validation and verifying this information. I can promise you the info i provided is the information they will also explain. There are different variations of the loyalty plan as well as the more share everything plan and a large amount of them do not qualify. =] not trying to argue just ensuring all the correct info is being provided. 

0 Likes