Loyalty plan stopped getting access discount after a year
jonnyrooster

So, I am on the Loyalty Plan, $60/2GB unlim T&T, I have been a customer since 2008, exactly one year ago I upgraded to a smart phone and at the same time verizon offered me the Loyalty Plan, so got it all started, the Costco gal set it up great, she sent me to the Verizon store to file for my 20% access discount, which I did, the Verizon store went ahead after I showed a payroll check and got my discount applied. So, here is the issue, after a FULL year of 20%($12) discount, I get my June statement, NO DISCOUNT, called Verizon, talked with Braiden, after 30+ minutes, all I get is sorry sir the discount does not apply to your plan, HMMMM, I just been recieving it for a year and now you say it doesnt apply? AND GET THIS, it even says ON MY BILL in the left column that I get a 20% access discount!!

After being a LONG TIME customer, this little discount that they DID give me, and says I GET on my bill, will be the sole reason my departure from Verizon as soon as my contract ends. How can they be so poorly customer minded when they just remove a discount and all I get is "sorry sir"?

Buyer Beware!!!!

thanks for letting me vent. -jonnyrooster

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Loyalty plan stopped getting access discount after a year
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you re-verify you qualify for the discount? Some loyalty plans don't qualify for the employee discounts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jonnyrooster

Yes I qualify, you missed the entire point of my frustration with Verizon, I DID GET THE DISCOUNT FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR, and printed on my bill, IT SAYS I GET THE 20% DISCOUNT. Now they say I don't qualify??? seems like a scam to get the bill higher to me. I will be dropping Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless has been reverifying everyone's employee discount since about early 2013. I was just asking if you have gone through that process.

The discount possibly be removed because the employer has dropped the agreement with Verizon Wireless where the discount was described. I don't know. I don't read minds. So don't take out on me just because one of your fellow customers was asking for further information and clarification.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

It is horrible that this happened to you, but my wife's line qualified for the same loyalty plan you are on now and I asked if employer discounts would qualify and the answer I got was no because Verizon does not give discounts on prepaid or special promotional plans (i.e. the loyalty plan). Since her plan at the time was a $60 dollar regular plan that did qualify for the employer discount we stayed with what we had.

It is great that you got the discount for 12 months.  It's unfortunate for you that some sales rep gave you the wrong information regarding the loyalty plan being eligible for further discounts when in fact it was not.  Good for you that there was a computer glitch that let you receive that non qualifying discount for 12 months.  But now the retailer discovered the issue/mistake and they have chosen to rectify the problem.  However (unfortunate and infuriating for us the consumers), in the terms of your plan it states that the loyalty plan does not qualify for further discounts.  It sucks yes and I too would be so very angry  if I found my self in your shoes, but alt least Verizon is not trying to charge you for the mistake.   

0 Likes
jonnyrooster

Thank you ponyruns for your understanding of my frustration with Verizon, its just bad customer service to give a discount and then pull it away. Ann154 must work for Verizon, she seems to have all the same answers as Braiden from Verizon did....LOL. thanks again

0 Likes
ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry I could only provide you with information that further suggests your discount is no longer applicable to your current plan.  But I would, as Ann154 suggested if you have not already, go to the employee discount verification web page Verizon Wireless - It's Time to Renew Your Discount. Validate Your Employment in a Few Easy Steps and resubmit your employer information.  It's worth a shot if it works out then you save $144 over the next 12 months... If not at least you did save $144 over the previous 12 months!!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not an employee of Verizon Wireless and never have been one. If I was, I couldn't be on the forum. As a customer, I have educated myself of most of the policies and options offered by Verizon Wireless. It has helped me understand what options I have for my own personal account with Verizon Wireless.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jonnyrooster, we want you to take advantage of every benefit available to you on our network. Let's make sure that you're still eligible for the corporate discount. Click http://vz.to/1bpr65x to register your account for the discount.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nikniik

The reason you are not getting the discount now that you are on the loyalty plan is becaues the employer discount does not apply to already discounted plans.

0 Likes