Re: Loyal long-time customer, what does that mean??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are entitled to only ONE discount per account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
brianna325

Unfortunately comparing utilities to a cell phone bill is like comparing apples to oranges.I can get the same exact service and actually more data with AT&T for the same price than what I am currently getting with Verizon and I've never been a customer of AT&T. I just find it ridiculous that there are absolutely no discounts besides the measly $9 off we get for my father being a Veteran. I also find it silly that I got the 50% off our line access fees for 3 years and never had any issues renewing it until this year.

We are up to $225 a month for 3 lines and 6 GB of data. That's $75 per phone, which is absurd. I've looked at switching to a different plan and it wouldn't help at all. We currently use between 3-6 GB of data every month. If I were to switch to the 4 GB plan, I would risk paying $15 per GB in overages the months we go over 4 GB and I would also only be saving $4 on our bill a month. If I go up to 8 GB my bill increases even more.

We are stuck because we cannot afford $225 a month for phones, but we can't switch to another company because we don't have $900 to cancel our contracts with Verizon.

0 Likes
brianna325

We have already looked into this, but unfortunately can't make the switch until our contracts are up in another 8 months because we can't afford the $900 cancellation fee.

0 Likes
brianna325

No. My grandfather passed away in 2012 and I have since been the account owner.

We are getting no discount that my grandfather had. The discount we were getting I called and asked about 3 years ago and that's when they applied it to my account.

We get 15% off because my father is a Veteran and part of the plan, however it only takes $9 off of our bill.

0 Likes
brianna325

Our discount was 50% our line access fees. Which dropped them from $40 for each line, to $20-- that's where the $60 came from because we have 3 lines. I've renewed the discount every year for the past 3 years, but now all of a sudden it is no longer available.

We have 6 GB of data that we all split and switching to another plan is not an option because we use between 3 and 6 GB every month. If I drop to 4 GB than I am risking paying for overages. If I switch to 8 GB than my bill goes up more.

We also receive the Veteran discount, however it only amounts to $9 a month.

I'm just tired of my bill being so expensive when AT&T can offer me the same plan with more data for the same price. I just assumed being with a company for a long period of time would amount to something. The problem is we cannot afford to switch to a different company because we still have 8 months in our contract with Verizon, which amounts to a $900 cancellation fee.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which plan do you have? The More Everything Plan has DPP discount and a Month2Month discount for either $15 or $25 off the line access fee base of $40.

The Verizon Plans have a standard line access fee of $20 per line unless you are under contract. The contract line is $40.

Maybe you should consider changing your plan to the newer plans with the less expensive line access fees.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The contract line access fee for the More Everything Plan is $40 and shouldn't be discounted if the line is under contract.

0 Likes
brianna325

We have the "More Every Loyal Talk Txt 6 GB". That's what my plan says.

Unfortunately, switching to the new plans wouldn't help any because we use between 3-6 GB of data every month. If I switch to 4 GB than I am risking paying overages, and also only save $4 a month. If I switch to 8 GB, my bill increases even more.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Once your contract is completed then you will get the $20 discount automatically as each line comes out of contract. If you are on the New Verizon Plan.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the lines are out of contract, why haven't you called and asked for the Month2Month discount be added to the lines? That discount doesn't drop off unless you purchase a new phone on DPP agreement and then you get the DPP discount.

0 Likes