Loyal customer incentives?
vol_fan98
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have reached the end of my contract. I currently have the old nationwide plan with unlimited data. I would like to upgrade and renew my contract since I have no complaints with my service but it bothers me that new customers get $150 credit toward new edge contracts but since I'm a current customer I'm not offered anything to stay.  Shouldn't a loyal customer of over 13 yrs with no missed payments be offered something to stay at the end of their contract?  I would offer my loyal customers that has honored their contract a better promo than new customers but at the minimum give them the current new customer deals to stay.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Loyal customer incentives?
Snn5
Legend

I had the same plan.  You can buy a new phone at full retail to keep that plan or you can sign onto a new 2 year contract using a Loyalty Plan of $60 for unl talk text 2GB or $50 for unl talk text 1GB, but the Edge is a new rate all together with a capped data amount.  Loyalty is a throwaway phrase with VZW. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You can also get that $150 credit by opening a new smartphone line of service on Edge, this is not limited to NEW CUSTOMERS. Current customers who open new lines of service when getting an Edge phone for that line are ALSO eligible.

Like ANY promotion, there are requirements to be eligible, but this on IS NOT limited to NEW CUSTOMERS, simply new lines of service.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

When i was out of contract, they did not consider my line to be NEW when I signed onto a new contract.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Of course, EDGE may be different.

0 Likes
vol_fan98
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would you want to open a new line to get the $150 rebate when you will be losing in the long run by paying for an extra line that you don't need?  Simply put the market is very competitive right now. Why wouldn't you offer an incentive to your customers that honored their contracts to sign a new contract instead of saying go on else where if you want to save money. 

Snn5
Legend

Since talk and text are unlimited nowadays, how much data do you use?  Data use is what will decide going Edge or staying an Individual line.  The incentives for 10GB Edge is better than a 4GB Individual.

0 Likes
vol_fan98
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not even looking to keep the unlimited plan. I would be satisfied with a 15 gb shareplan with edge. I would just like to upgrade and feel like I'm getting a deal like a new customer would be getting instead of just giving them my money. A one time $150 credit to make a good customer happy and get them to renew their contract which would be worth over $2500 over the 2yrs is still good for them.

0 Likes
vol_fan98
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 3 lines total. Since July we have never went over 10 gb but I'd like to get the 15 gb plan and upgrade my 3rd line which is a basic phone to a smart phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I wish it was that way, and I've always paid my bill early and have done so since 1998, but I have never been offered any incentive to stay.  Even the "Loyalty Plan" is just a last min effort for them to try to keep you and is common-place and nothing special.

0 Likes