Loss of service
ToriAnn84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I literally lost service in my home over night. I have the Note 3, and have had it problem free since 10/18/2013. I have had no issues with anything, that is until today. Every call drops and text messages are not being delivered. I tried the whole remove your battery thing, and that didn't work. I dialed #228 and that didn't work as there is a sim card in my phone. Is there anything that I can do to restore the service I am paying for??

- From Clarksville TN

Labels (1)
Re: Loss of service
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to call Customer Service from another phone to ensure there isn't an outage in your area.  In the meantime, try resetting your SIM card and if that doesn't work and there is no outage in your area, you might try a new SIM card (they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store).  To reset your SIM, turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a couple of minutes, then reinsert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and wait a couple of minutes for the phone to re-establish a network connection.

0 Likes
Re: Loss of service
B33
Legend

Well doing a #228 won't do anything as for resetting the phone, On  '3G'  phones you could use *228 send then you pressed 1 for a phone reset with the towers or 2 for a PRL update) For 4G phones some won't let you do this method but for the ones that do though it could possibly brick the phone..

What T-1 suggested is the best method to reset a 4G phone with the Towers but as was mentioned be careful handling the Sim Card and another suggestion if you recently added any apps that can affect the service part of the phone that can cause it to go from working well to not to working well at all..

0 Likes