Losing patience with screwed up billing
wayneis

I signed up for a 10g plan, two data phones, and a mobile access point based on what I was told regarding a couple discounts from an online chat rep.  I have included the entire transcript of the chat below.  Lisa (the online chat rep) apparently did not understand the discount that was applied and told me that my employee discount would come off in addition to a 10% one that was being applied during my order which she was guessing was some sort of new customer discount.  Nor did I understand, but after twice being told by your Verizon employee that was the case I proceeded with my order.  She was wrong.  So now my bill is $36 more than I was told it would be. 

First I talked to customer service at 1.800.922.0204.  I was told that they could not receive emails and I would have to bring the transcript of the chat into a physical store.  Headed off to a store which turned out was a franchise and was told to go to a corp store.  Went to a corp store and was told to talk to customer service again and that the bit about not being able to receive emails was a lie by the branch manager.  Starting to feel just a bit frustrated about my switch to Verizon at this point.  So I call customer service back and what do you know, they of course can't help me but this time it's because they can't do anything that was ordered over verizonwireless.com and I have to talk to the Online Sales group at 1.866.338.7390.  Well guess what, apparently they only are involved with the initial equipment order and don't do anything with monthly billing.

I'm tired of calling call centers at this point so have no intention of talking to another person on the phone who is going to tell me they can't help me.  Looking for someone with some authority that can help me out and correct the problem.  I understand that the discount is correct according to your computers, but unfortunately I trusted that a live human chat rep was telling the truth about what my bill would be.  >Personal info removed< someone from Verizon can contact me either method to resolve this.  My patience is paper thin at this point, so it better not be another person telling me your rep was wrong and I'll just have to pay an extra $864 over my contract because of her mistake.  Below is the transcript of the chat.  I can forward it directly from my email if that is needed.

>Chat Transcript removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Losing patience with screwed up billing
rcschnoor
Legend

Just so you know, this is a customer-to-customer forum. It is not Verizon CS and you should not include any personal information in your posts.

Occasionally, CS people will chime in on a thread, but that is not the norm. If you would like to speak with CS, the only sure ways to do so is in a store, by phone or by the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page.

0 Likes
wayneis

Ummm, yeah.  If you read what I wrote you would notice I have already been to two stores, talked to customer service twice on the phone, and the internet order department.  At this point, I'll build a web site with all the details of the spectacular customer service (yeah that's sarcasm in case it's not obvious) I have received from Verizon and post links to it on every forum related to cell phones I can find.  I'll ride my plan out and switch to a company that follows through on what they promise in writing.  If I can cost Verizon a lot more than the $800+ I'm getting screwed out of, at least I'll have something to show for this.  Oh, and I happen to own 12 other web sites that will end up with about half a million views this year so I'll put links on those as well...hmmm, I'm thinking verizonlies.com or something along those lines.  This has been up there with the most frustrating customer service experiences I've ever had.  Wish I had read some other threads before I signed up for an account.  At this point I could care less about talking to customer service, they have been useless anyway.

0 Likes
Not applicable

wayneis wrote:

If I can cost Verizon a lot more than the $800+ I'm getting screwed out of, at least I'll have something to show for this. 

Well if that's your intention all one has to do is report you thread and it will go away. Watch.

0 Likes
Losing patience with screwed up billing
wayneis

Wouldn't surprise me the least bit of any thread I post on goes away.  I'll head to non-verizon sites if I continue to be ignored.

Had a spare few minutes earlier today, started my web site... http://www.verizonliars.com.  The web site won't go away unless they live up to what anyone can clearly read in plain text.  I own the domain, the hosting, and happen to have plenty of experience building web sites...so it will get prettier as I have time and I'll make sure to gather any horror stories I can find.  Companies like Verizon need to be held accountable when they screw up.  I'm not asking for anything more than what they told me.  If I was at Best Buy I could simply go to customer service and show my receipt and item and get it corrected...this hasn't been the case with Verizon.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote.

This is a customer-to-customer forum, NOT Verizon CS. I am NOT a Verizon employee, just another Verizon customer like you. Verizon employees on this site are clearly labeled as such. I am not sure what I have done to p*** you off, as you say, on your website. All I did was to point out, after your original post had been up for almost 2 weeks, that this was not Verizon CS. Since your post seemed to be an attempt to elicit a response from Verizon, I wasn't sure you were aware of that fact. If that enraged you, that was not my intent. I have no interest of being affiliated with your website and would appreciate being taken off of it.

Thank You.

0 Likes
wayneis

Apologies rcschnoor.  Misunderstood community leader to be something of a Verizon paid position.  I have removed you from the web site.  Got a direct message a couple minutes before yours was posted that my name had been changed (apparently you can't have the word pissed in your user id :O) so I assumed and we know where assuming gets someone.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Thank you.

0 Likes
wayneis

Ha ha ha, now that's kind of funny.  What I had in my name isn't a cuss word but it gets automatically changed to ****** anyway.  Must be lots of 5 year olds surfing verizon's site.

0 Likes