Looking For a New Phone
rosielavon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have a Samsung S6 given to me by a friend Aug '17. I turned on my phone after work 5/14 and there was some purple looking ink on right side of screen. By morning it has now taken over 75% of my screen. All my co-workers insist a new phone is in my future. So this leads me to you folks. What phone do I chose? All sound neat but expensive. Besides company what is the difference between iPhone and Samsung's?

BTW-previous phone was a flip phone I got for free in 2000, had for 17 years, dropped 100's of Xs and washed/dried 5 times. The only reason my flip is gone is due to losing the charger. I LOVED that phone.

0 Likes
Re: Looking For a New Phone
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@rosielavon wrote:

I currently have a Samsung S6 given to me by a friend Aug '17. I turned on my phone after work 5/14 and there was some purple looking ink on right side of screen. By morning it has now taken over 75% of my screen. All my co-workers insist a new phone is in my future. So this leads me to you folks. What phone do I chose? All sound neat but expensive. Besides company what is the difference between iPhone and Samsung's?

BTW-previous phone was a flip phone I got for free in 2000, had for 17 years, dropped 100's of Xs and washed/dried 5 times. The only reason my flip is gone is due to losing the charger. I LOVED that phone.

Iphones use iOS operating system and Sangungs use Android. Even if you had your old flip phone it would be useless after Dec 31 this year anyway as verizon is shutting down it's CDMA network. If you want a flip phone Verion still sells few flip phones and they are 4G. As far as smartphone it depends on what your needs are.

Re: Looking For a New Phone
rosielavon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your response. I have become addicted to my smartphone I am just sad that only 2 years and I already need a new one. Lol.

My needs for phone are very simple. Podcasts, Netflix, Facebook, games and Lyft. I have an appointment at a Verizon Store tonight to get a new phone. Hopefully they are able to get me what I need at a reasonable price.

0 Likes