Re: Long time customer
Boster281
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is a perfect example of how the promos are geared towards the new customer.

Upgrade & get $100 off, or get $300 off on us when you switch or add a line. Trade-in required.

Preexisting customers get 100 while the new customer gets 300, and yes I see the add a line part but that is still a new customer.  So yes there is promos for us long term customers but not anything like what new customers get.

I could understand if there was a loyalty discount to your monthly bill but there is no consideration to loyal long term customers. Check out insurance companies loyalty discounts, understandably a different industry, but the model is there to work off of.

While I don't see myself going to any other provider at this point,they do have the best rural coverage, it will be interesting to see what happens after the T-mobile/Sprint merger.

Come on Verizon show some love to those that love you.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

Boster281 wrote:

Here is a perfect example of how the promos are geared towards the new customer.

Upgrade & get $100 off, or get $300 off on us when you switch or add a line. Trade-in required.

Preexisting customers get 100 while the new customer gets 300, and yes I see the add a line part but that is still a new customer. So yes there is promos for us long term customers but not anything like what new customers get.

I could understand if there was a loyalty discount to your monthly bill but there is no consideration to loyal long term customers. Check out insurance companies loyalty discounts, understandably a different industry, but the model is there to work off of.

While I don't see myself going to any other provider at this point,they do have the best rural coverage, it will be interesting to see what happens after the T-mobile/Sprint merger.

Come on Verizon show some love to those that love you.

Oh well, they all do that. By the way last April I got a Pixel 2 XL for $300 off plus youtubeTV for 2 months a Chromecast and Google home mini without a trade in or adding a new line. I've been a customer for 12 years.

0 Likes
pookah44
Enthusiast - Level 1

When we first changed from a regional carrier (US Cellular) to Verizon we got all sorts of deals. Now, 4 years later we get no deals at all. Actually a current Verizon employee indicated that Verizon and all cell carriers have moved to the same business model as cable, satellite and other companies offering services to customers where they lure you in and after you are a customer they could care less about what you think about them. The same Verizon employee actually recommended doing what satellite and cable companies (assuming your area actually has competitive companies supplying service). That is move to another carrier, get their new customer goodies and then in two years switch again. That is a pathetic way to do business but it actually sounds like the only way Verizon or any cell phone carrier customer has any hope of actually ever getting any deals once signed up for service. Luckily there are other cell companies in my area do I am considering doing just that, especially since I can move my phone number around if I choose. Of course, all cell companies are pretty much charging the same for phones but might offer a BOGO type of sign-up.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We absolutely appreciate your time with us, pookah44. We would never want you to consider leaving the Verizon family. I can definitely understand wanting to get the best deal possible on a phone and I don't want you to feel like your business isn't valued. Help is here and you are appreciated. While some deals to require adding a new line of service, we run different deals very often. You can view all of our current deals here: http://spr.ly/6607EZo8T If the current line-up of deals doesn't suit you, you can sign up for product and deal alerts here: http://spr.ly/6608EZo8p Does this help?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@pookah44 wrote:

When we first changed from a regional carrier (US Cellular) to Verizon we got all sorts of deals. Now, 4 years later we get no deals at all. Actually a current Verizon employee indicated that Verizon and all cell carriers have moved to the same business model as cable, satellite and other companies offering services to customers where they lure you in and after you are a customer they could care less about what you think about them. The same Verizon employee actually recommended doing what satellite and cable companies (assuming your area actually has competitive companies supplying service). That is move to another carrier, get their new customer goodies and then in two years switch again. That is a pathetic way to do business but it actually sounds like the only way Verizon or any cell phone carrier customer has any hope of actually ever getting any deals once signed up for service. Luckily there are other cell companies in my area do I am considering doing just that, especially since I can move my phone number around if I choose. Of course, all cell companies are pretty much charging the same for phones but might offer a BOGO type of sign-up.

Verizon offers its existing customers trade in deals all the time that take hundreds off the cost of the new phone price.  No new line required.  You won’t see that at At&t. (Which is a bummer as that’s where I maintain my family plan). 

Please note the plans have changed in 2 years and will change again.  Once you give up your plan, you may find you’re paying more for service.  

I have my family on AT&T Value plan, and it’s too cheap to give up, with plenty of data.  But that plan is grandfathered.

0 Likes
djvictoria68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't really see anything geared for long time customers? I have been with you guys when the company was still Alltel? 

0 Likes
djvictoria68
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't want to chang any if my gadgets. I just wish there were better prices for long term customers? It's not so hard?

0 Likes
djvictoria68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems like it's pointless. Just switch! I see the same customer service reply just worded different which = to BIG FAT NOTHING!

0 Likes
Sg86

We just asked the same thing over at our local Verizon Store. We had gone in to check out the BOGO on the Note10 and were appalled by the response we received when we asked about any deals for existing customers since we have no need for an additional line. When we stated that this deal was pretty much the same at Tmobile and that it seemed like the better deal for customers to just switch providers (and ultimately frustrating for loyal customers), the manager literally said we were welcome to cancel our service with Verizon. We've been with Verizon for 15 years and could not believe this response.

0 Likes