Local cell service is so bad my phone tried to connect to a random extender.
JOHMAR99

I have waited years for service to improve and it is only getting worse. It used to be 3 bars now it is usually ZERO.

Without Wifi calling we would be completely out of service. Today I noticed my phone was connecting (with 0.1 bars -- just a pixel really) to a verizon extender somewhere nearby. Or maybe it was roaming - hard to tell from the icons.

I have reached the end of my rope and really cannot see why I should not switch carriers. We have five lines with  iPhones and one brand new moto.

edit to add: poor service is at our house. Everywhere else is fine.

Message was edited by: JOHN [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Local cell service is so bad my phone tried to connect to a random extender.
JOHMAR99

Oh well. Verizon support recommended I switch carriers. New phones for all!

0 Likes
Re: Local cell service is so bad my phone tried to connect to a random extender.
DigitalIP

If service is bad Within the house but fine OUTSIDE of the house thats an issue having to do with your home in one way or another, whether it be caused by what the home is made of, by unshielded wiring, etc so on would not be the fault of Verizon.

Theres no guarentee another provider will give you better results if in fact your Home is to blame.

Good luck either way

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHMAR99, it breaks our heart to see you in this dilemma, having a functional service is crucial, especially when you are home, we want to find a resolution. Please tell us more, what exactly happens when you try to use the service? Where is it happening (give the city and cross streets/intersection)? Aside from Wi-Fi calling have you used other alternatives such as a Network Extender?

GilbertoL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes