Limited Tethering
GjK22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased two note 8s in 2018 i believe when they were first released.  I also activated two new lines of beyond unlimited data. The plan never stated that there was a limit on the hotspot usage so I used my note  8 as my home network for nearly two years. Never once did they throttle my hotspot

. Now in January of this year (2020) i was shopping for a new device and noticed that the beyond unlimited plan had a  Data cap on the hotspot.  15gigs or something,  But My Plan Was Still The Same Price Only with no limit to the hotspot usage.

So was i grandfathered in on my original plan even though they had modified it for new lines or plan changes (correct???)

I Never Changed My Plan I Thought To Myself When  I noticed a few weeks ago that I was receiving notifications warning of my tethering limit. Then again when it had ran out of data.

And oh boy does it run out!. With only one device connected it would hardly reach 100kbs from. 5 or 6 MB which i was content with for nearly two years now.  

So The Real Question is 

WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT FOR ME? & HOW CAN I GET IT BACK TO THE PLAN I ORIGINALLY AGREED TO?

Because without the hotspot i would of never even thought about getting that plan for that much money each month. 

I feel like they have taken half of what I pay for and didn't even have the courtesy to Notify me of the change 

0 Likes
Re: Limited Tethering
GjK22
Enthusiast - Level 2

ONE MORE THING,  WHY DO THEY THROTTLE MY DATA A WEEK BEFORE THE BILLS DUE? OR WHY DOES MY PHONE GET DISCONNECTED FROM SERVICE 3 OR 4 DAYS PRIOR TO BILLS PAY BY DATE?

ITS SUPER FRUSTRATING TO GET RECONNECT FEES FOR TWO LINES EVERY 3 OR 4 MONTHS! 

0 Likes
Re: Limited Tethering
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know that having trouble with data speeds isn't easy, especially during this challenging time, GjK22. Let's take a closer look at your usage to see what options are available. Please be on the lookout for a Private Note from us.

LynnE_VZW

0 Likes