Lied to- misrepresented and Verizon will not own up to it
Joe189
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded from an old verizon phone to a new one 2 months ago. The chat agent and live agent both confirmed I did not need to trade in my old phone (value: $13) to get the promotion. I was told this repeatedly. When the promotion was not applied to my new phone on my bill I called and was told that "I did not meet the terms of the promotion". This is because two (2) agents told me I did not have to. When I called and spoke to an agent, and told them their own recorded calls would prove this, they would not listen to the calls because they are for "quality purposes only".  This is not "quality purposes" ? If verizon did not tell me this was possible (twice) that would been the case but they did and now verizon is either lying, or mis-selling. I have 4 phones on unlimited plans and verizon is treating me horribly over a $13 trade it. This cannot be possible but apparently customer service and support means nothing even if a customer has been a verizon wireless customer for well over 10 years! Wegmans, JetBlue, LL Bean, the local restaurant- I have never been treated this way. Unreal. 

Re: Lied to- misrepresented and Verizon will not own up to it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joe189 I'm sorry to learn of your experience. We certainly want to make sure you receive the deal you were promised. Are you able to post a copy of your printed receipt. That is where you would find any requirements for any promotions you are applying for. 

0 Likes
Joe189
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, after contacting Verizon Wireless executive office they honored the price that was quoted to me by two of their agents. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joe189, we are glad to hear that you have received a resolution on this matter. We are sorry that it did take those additional steps and do value you as a part of the Verizon Wireless family. LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
mstrigs

Wow was I mispresented to by Verizon.  I traded up to an Iphone 13 and the rep pushed so hard for unlimited data. I told her many times I do not need it as I never go near the limit currently. What I need is a hotspot when I am out in the field which is not real often but necessary.  She said it was included and unlimited was the same price. 

Well today I found out the unlimited plan does not include a hotspot. They want an extra $10 for this.   To say I am furious is an understatement.  I had a plan that worked for me before and they pushed me out of it with lies. 

I am a longtime customer of Verizon over 15 years.  I do not change that easy but this is principal.   Clearly the sales people were instructed to push these deals which sound great on paper but need may a la carte additional services.  Might be time to call TMobil.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mstrings, we've sent you a Private Note to better assist. 

~Baldo

0 Likes