Lied to by Sales Rep
DOwen-FL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was due for a phone exchange so I went in to the Verizon store (Newberry Rd. Gainesville, FL.) to see what was available. I have always been an Android user and my wife prefers Apple. Since she usually had better connection service than me I decided to try the iPhone 6s+.  There was no price on the phone but the card said $27 a month. The sales rep said since I was and existing customer and eligible for an upgrade it would cost me $15 a month. I really didn't want to spend over 10 a month more since my bill is already $180+ a month. The sales man showed me his phone was an iPhone and it was the best so I agreed. Now I get the bill and the monthly charge for the iPhone is $35 and change. This is bull-crap. Thats more than double what I had been told. with additional charges which they wont explain it seems my $180 monthly bill will now be $240+!!   I am looking into filing a complaint with the FCC and whatever other regulatory agency may have oversight on Verizon as this way of doing business is unacceptable and they're not going to get away with it!!  I welcome someone at Verizon to contact me about this. This is no way to treat a customer!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lied to by Sales Rep
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Maybe your line access fee would be $15 but you have to pay the full cost of the phone divided by 24.

You are presented with the copy of the Device Payment Plan that breaks down the monthly charges in a nice little grid on the agreement. It gives the specific date and amount due. you have to sign this in order to have the phone activated. Hopefully you are within your 14 days and can return the device and pay the restock fee.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
DOwen-FL,

I would first like to start by apologizing that you have had to go through all of this. Upgrading should be an exciting time & I am sorry you did not have this. I went ahead and sent you a private message so we may look further into this for you.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Maybe your line access fee would be $15 but you have to pay the full cost of the phone divided by 24.

You are presented with the copy of the Device Payment Plan that breaks down the monthly charges in a nice little grid on the agreement. It gives the specific date and amount due. you have to sign this in order to have the phone activated. Hopefully you are within your 14 days and can return the device and pay the restock fee.

0 Likes
DOwen-FL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was replacing an existing phone and was eligible for a no cost

replacement. I already had line access so that's bullcrap. I was told the

phone would cost $15 a month and that was a lie. A complaint will be filed.

DO

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015, sprmankalel <forums@verizonwireless.com>

soulsurvives

you need to educate yourself...the terms of getting these phones are clearly laid out, you as the consumer need to better inform yourself...and read your paperwork...it all clearly says what the charges are...if you had read it you could have returned it right then and there...

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

There is no such thing as a free phone any longer. Not that there was in the past either. You may have signed the 2 year service contract but the price of the phone was ALWAYS built into your monthly service plan. Just not as a line item. Regardless of what anyone tells you, once you put your signature on the document it becomes legal and binding. There is a 14 period in which you can get out of it but on day 15 that is it. You have no legal recourse. Please also note the last paragraph written in your customer agreement. Showing here:

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

This agreement and the documents it incorporates form the entire agreement between us. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement. This agreement isn't for the benefit of any third party except our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, predecessors and successors in interest. Except where we've agreed otherwise elsewhere in this agreement, this agreement and any disputes covered by it are governed by federal law and the laws of the state encompassing the area code of your wireless phone number when you accepted this agreement, without regard to the conflicts of laws and rules of that state.

0 Likes
DOwen-FL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand. Now I'll just make sure everyone I come in contact with

knows what lying, dishonest, rip-off pieces of shit Verizon is. I'll start

with my 1500+ Facebook friends and work it from there. At least I can make

sure lots of others don't make a bad decision.

Have a lousy day. )

DO

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015, sprmankalel <forums@verizonwireless.com>

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Just giving you facts.

0 Likes
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

Being lied to and misinformed by the representatives at Verizon is common practice, and although we all hate it when that happens, this is just how things work nowadays. I myself have spent days since Black friday attempting to correct a deal gone bad, and after several conversations and even being told by a supervisor that I would be contacted by an associate director, I have not heard back and don't expect to. Verizon, like all large corporations, are too big to be held accountable. All anyone can expect is a hollow apology, that's all they have to offer. An in the possible event that a vzw rep reads and responds to this comment, please don't apologize, it infuriates me. My comments are directed at other victims of this company, not any rep, after all these problems cannot be solved, so just expressing ourselves is all there is.    

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It is not that they can't be held accountable but after 15+ years of us as consumers going through these processes we can no longer claim ignorance.

Everybody here seems to be competent and using the internet. Why? Because we are here. We should be just as competent at educating ourselves before we make these purchases. We have also been dealing with signing contracts long before cell phones. Cars, homes, jobs...you name it. We would always read those contracts before signing so why is a mobile device purchase different? If you truly don't know or get confused by what is going on when in a store, take someone with you who knows the process. I go with my friends all the time. I believe that we are most responsible for educating ourselves before we go to sign contracts. It is my money and I work hard for it. I don't want to enter into a contract that ends up having me hand it over to Verizon or any other third party.

0 Likes