Lied to about insurance
SainOlaf
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone else lied to about their insurance coverage?

I broke my Nokia Icon in January and called Verizon to make an insurance claim. I was told I did not have insurance. After a lengthy conversation with Verizon arguing I should have insurance I was out of luck.

Then yesterday I get a letter from Verizon telling me about some insurance coverage changes. So I call Verizon and they tell me I had insurance this entire time for the device I broke in January. They even said they have notes of my call in January and that they told me I had NO coverage. But low and behold they say I do have coverage.

No refunds were offered to me and they did offer a new phone on a different line if I extent my contract. I told them to remove the insurance they did not honor. I am most likely going to switch to another carrier. This is absurd. All I got was "We are terribly sorry".  There goes years of wasted insurance $$ gobbled up by Verizon.  Very bad customer service.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lied to about insurance
SainOlaf
Enthusiast - Level 3

I already did all the proving. They just weren't doing anything about it. They were just saying they were terribly sorry about telling me I did not have insurance when I did.

After several calls to Verizon customer care and hours on the phone debating the concept of theft they are sending me a new phone for free but I have to pay for the taxes.

Very poor customer service but my issue is now resolved.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SainOlaf! My apologies to hear of this situation. That is disheartening to hear. You can always reach out to Asurion directly to file a claim. They can be reached at 888-881-2622 or online at www.phoneclaim.com/verizon.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SainOlaf
Enthusiast - Level 3

I already canceled my insurance today. The ship has sailed.

0 Likes
SainOlaf
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Asurion and they said I would have had to make a claim within 60 days of the device breaking. Since Verizon told me I had no insurance I did not make a claim.

0 Likes
traciegreene
Enthusiast - Level 2

Point our on your bill where you have been paying for insurance all this time the can't disagree with that.

SainOlaf
Enthusiast - Level 3

I already did all the proving. They just weren't doing anything about it. They were just saying they were terribly sorry about telling me I did not have insurance when I did.

After several calls to Verizon customer care and hours on the phone debating the concept of theft they are sending me a new phone for free but I have to pay for the taxes.

Very poor customer service but my issue is now resolved.