Re: Leaving after 10yrs over unfair warranty policy. Verizon doesn't care.
3rdtime
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dude your words have no merit. You should stop lol

0 Likes
arkainzeye
Contributor - Level 1

Aside from all the debating back and forth, this is why i miss the Verizon of the past.. in the past if you had a problem with your device everything was taken care of face to face in a corp verizon store..  No dealing with people over the phone.. no dealing with mailing a phone in and hoping everything gets to them and you get credit for the return. 

2 years ago i returned a htc thunderbolt through the mail like verizon wanted. i later got a bill for a $700  added to my account. i knew i sent it.. I kept the tracking number just in case.. I provided them with the tracker number.. it showed that fedex delivered it.. but still verizon even with the PROOF  didnt want to credit my acct back!! i had to wait many days, not knowing what was going to happen... then all the sudden i get a call.. and they said it was in texas and they know what happened to it.. but in the mean time i had the anxiety of not knowing if i was going to have to come up with $700 + my monthly bill !!   So while some think it is better than dealing with a 3rd party vendor.. it is trading one Bad thing for another bad thing...

Customers like me have to deal with being guilty until proven innocent all because this is the way they want to do business.   Now in the end i was found "innocent" and my $700 Bill was erased.. But see how easy it is for you and your CREDIT to be put in harms way. !!! ...  its not always the bad guys that pay the price..   for me, my price was the unnecessary stress,anxiety and time spent on the phone proving i did exactly what they told me to do.....

run2it2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just ask for the phone with the cracked screen to be returned to you and if it is cracked replace it if you desire, curious of what their reply would be.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once the phone is sent in to Verizon, it an't be returned to the sender.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Also VZW sends picture of the shipping box. I realize that damage may occur during shipping but if you pack the phone to be returned the same way as the replacement there should be no issues. If the box was clearly damaged in shipping that would be a different story but if the pictures show an in-tact box VZW can rightfully deduce that the device was not damaged during shipping and that it was damaged prior to return.

0 Likes