Re: Leaving after 10yrs over unfair warranty policy. Verizon doesn't care.
3rdtime
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh hell yeah it was! But the dude that installed it for $65 wasn't a Chinese knock off! He was authentic!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The fact is if they forgive all or part of this cost for you they have to do it for everyone else which means that we don't have to take responsibility. I protect my devices from damage. If you got in an accident in your car do would you go to the dealer demanding that it be fixed for no cost? Simple as this...if you don't have to pay for it someone else has to. That shouldn't be me or any other VZW customer. You didn't live up to your end of the bargain.

BTW...Verizon doesn't provide the phones they provide the service. It's just lucky that here in the USA we can get phones from the providers at subsidized costs. Overseas you but your phone at full cost and go to the provider.

Just pay the money.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Over seas actually do subsidize phones.  It's just isn't the best option, and most buy outright. It's just the mindset that is different.  Here in the states people like to blame the carriers for everything since they are closer and only see things at face value.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

And they don't want to take responsibility. What the OP doesn't realize is that VZW can easily do like the others and make you take your device to a third party for troubleshooting and replacement but since they provide the convenience in their stores they take some risks.

The biggest question is which case, if any, was on the device. Believe it or not, the right case makes all the difference in keeping a phone from being damaged and none of mine leave the house not protected. I've never broken a phone (accidentally) in the 15 years that I have been carrying a cell phone.

0 Likes
3rdtime
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nah guys, I've taken responsibility for the damage to the phone. They have pics and I've accepted that. My position is from the standpoint of a customer of over 10yrs asking this huge corporation to do something for me to make me feel better about this situation. The 300 is more than the used phone I received is worth. Sending it back was clearly an honest mistake on my part since if I had noticed the damage before returning it I had a few options that were much better than what they are imposing on me. I don't feel like that is an unreasonable expectation and it certainly wouldn't mean that they would be on the hook for every other person who returned a broken phone.

0 Likes
3rdtime
Enthusiast - Level 1

...and I understand that life isn't fair and sometimes you just gotta suck it up and "pay the money". Like I said, I'm divorced haha. I don't think she's gonna give me any back to cover this phone tho lol, she seems a little mad still lol. 😞

0 Likes
Not applicable

The issue is once it was returned that damage could have been done any where.

You taking the responsibility is admirable but in fairness to yourself please remember the pictures showing damage could be of any like device. The warehouse could have shattered your device, many if's to think about.

Good Luck

0 Likes
3rdtime
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well theres that possibly. That isn't something I can prove though and I'm trying to be friendly with them instead of putting them in a position to get defensive and dismiss based on the fact that now I would seem like a trouble maker. This could be settled amicably with almost zero impact to both parties and we would continue doing business. A win/win situation. I'm shocked they don't see the value in working it out that way and its the main reason I won't continue to support their company.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The proof works both ways. And then there is trust. If you research the forum and google the situation you will find the lost, damaged or empty box a regular complaint.

Verizon does not settle because they know they have access to your billing account. They know that when you use their return to vendor service that once you have proof of the return vendor (postal service in this instance) accepting your return the issue of damage or loss is between verizon wireless and the post office however they like to charge the customer for damaged or empty boxes or non returned packages since they bill the customer.

Again a court threat will save you $300

Good Luck

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And it's just like a bottle of absolut is 20 bucks in the liquor store but markup in the club. Or an auto part being 50 bucks but higher at the dealer. Everything is higher depending on where you go. Your complaint on that has no merit. Just stop already.

0 Likes