Re: Late Fees
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Verizon doesn't know it's own history?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

My ugly old Nokia says it was from 1998.  so I must have dates wrong.

Yikes.  My entire method of connecting events to date them  is in jeopardy!  

0 Likes
KARLOP24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes!!! You are 100% accurate!! I have been with this "unpredictable" company for 22 years!! So your right on mark mama!!    

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

KARLOP24 wrote:

Yes!!! You are 100% accurate!! I have been with this "unpredictable" company for 22 years!! So your right on mark mama!!

Verizon Communications was created on June 30, 2000

History and Timeline | About Verizon

Also if Verizon so terrible. Choose one and make yourself happy. If you continue to stay with a "terrible" company that's YOUR fault.

http://att.com

http://tmobile.com

http://sprint.com

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

When I first got cellular service(2 lines) around 1994, there were 2 major carriers in my area which were Cellular One(which was part of Southwestern Bell) and Bell Atlantic Mobile. I went with Cellular One. Around 2000 when Cellular One(now SBC) was merging with Bell South to become Cingular, I made a switch with my cellular service with one line going to Sprint and one line going with another NEW company which had recently been created with the merger of Bell Atlantic Mobile(in my area) and GTE(from other areas outside of my home network). This was back before you didn't have to pay roaming charges when sending/receiving calls out of your home area AND you paid for every minute of every call you made, sending OR receiving. Seeing how lackluster Sprint service was at the time, I quickly switched that line over to my Verizon account. Keep in mind, this was ALL before you could keep the same number when switching mobile providers. You had to get a new number whenever you switched providers. The ability to keep your mobile number when switching providers did not come about until much later.

Some may argue that Bell Atlantic Mobile bought or acquired GTE and others may argue they merged. Regardless, Verizon IS a different company than either of those originating companies. Customers of EITHER one of those companies were customers of 2 distinctly different companies BEFORE the merger/acquisition so how is it that customers who were with EITHER of those companies BEFORE 2000 can say they were with Verizon before 2000? They can't because THEY WEREN'T, they were with other companies as there was NO Verizon at the time. Take one person who was an original customer of GTE from 20+ years ago and another person who was an original customer of Bell Atlantic Mobile from 20+ years ago. They are BOTH now customers of Verizon, but 20+ years ago they would have been customers of 2 VERY DIFFERENT companies. How can they BOTH have been customers of Verizon for 20+ years NOW???

0 Likes
DJTWENTY_COM
Enthusiast - Level 1

blockheads. Leave if its so bad. 22 years of stupidity? Wow...

0 Likes
Rsharer
Enthusiast - Level 1

You’re a pretty big advocate for Verizon. Either you are invested some way or paid off some way. Either way you must have monetary reward or you wouldn’t be working so hard on behalf of a company to protect their name. We all know it’s not their great service or outrageous fees that have you so hard for them. You keep saying that everyone has three other name brands they can choose from but in order to switch to them they would have to break a TWO YEAR CONTRACT with Verizon in which Verizon would rob them further with all their underlined hidden terms in their contracts they conveniently do via tablets, can’t print at time of enrollment therefore forward you after the fact via their app or email meanwhile verbally misleading you into signing up! Everyone can clearly see you have skin in the game otherwise you wouldn’t take the time to address EVERYONES posts! Have a nice day! 

1Trenell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I came across these posts while trying to get information about late fees price, etc. I’m set up for autopay but my bank card was blocked unbeknownst to me due to other activity on my account. Autopay said that it will try to charge my card again in 3 days which is after the due date. I found in this community that it doesn’t matter if autopay is set up or a promise to pay, a $5 late fee can be applied to the bill on any given day until the bill is paid.  Now I’m trying to find out if that’s a one time fee and any additional fees for non payment and before disconnection.

Anyway, I found the conversation about when Verizon as a company began. Personally, in 1998, I had a prepaid phone with Verizon for what felt like many years but it was only a few years maybe before Verizon officially became Verizon Communications in 2000.  So both of you are correct technically. To say that the other person doesn’t know what phone company they had service with back then is rude. I had no complaints back then neither btw.  I attached the google search below this paragraph to back this up.

The mergers that formed Verizon were among the largest in U.S. business history, culminating in a definitive merger agreement, dated July 27, 1998, between Bell Atlantic, based in New York City, and GTE, which was in the process of moving its headquarters from Stamford, Conn., to Irving, Texas.
Subsidiaries: AOL Inc., MCI, Fios, Cybertrust, Terremark Worldwide Inc., EdgeCast, I...
Organization acquired: MCI Inc.
0 Likes