Re: Late Fees
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So, you're saying that for 22 years you've had nothing but problems and you still continued to give them money every month?

Because that makes complete sense.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

it's really weird too since Verizon has only been around for 18 years.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I am pretty sure that KARLOP24 is counting time with a regional carrier taken over by Verizon Wireless. Of course we all know that you can't have been a customer of a business BEFORE that business existed.

0 Likes
KARLOP24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly....money they don't steal from people anyway. A small fortune of stealing frim customers!! One site alone of over 4800 complaints...majoe complaints..aside of the HORRIFIC " customer service"... is the over charging.."stealing" from customers is in the top 3 of complaints...but yes...im still there! Your so bright!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

sprmankalel wrote:

I am pretty sure that KARLOP24 is counting time with a regional carrier taken over by Verizon Wireless. Of course we all know that you can't have been a customer of a business BEFORE that business existed.

but that doesn't count. If their carrier was terrible for say 10 years before Verizon bought them how is Verizon responsible for that?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon is not but they can no longer go after the old company because it doesn't exist any longer. People equate any previous experience as being a fault of Verizon when they should forget about that and only judge Verizon service from the day their phone service was provided by Verizon.

It absolutely blows my mind. For example:  I bought a car at a local dealership and got taken to the cleaner's on it. My fault. I had an opportunity to get rid of that car and get a new different one from the same dealership. I didn't want to but my husband thought it a good idea, so I did. Fast forward three and a half years later the dealership changed ownership and name. I found the car I wanted on Cars.com at a price I was willing to pay so I went to them. I knew that they weren't the same company any longer so I gave them a chance. I will probably never go back there again as it still wasn't a smooth sale like it should have been. I still had to haggle to get the price I was promised when I showed them the Cars.com listing. However, I didn't associate them with the old ownership.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

here's a tip KARLOP24 if you want to stop getting e-mails

Click your username, then click PREFENCES, Under E-MAIL Preferences looks for Receive E-Mail? Choose NO

mama23dogs
Legend

I started with Verizon in 1995 and got my first big old Nokia phone mailed to my new house.  They were already well established.   That was 23 years ago....

boringusername
Master - Level 1

mama23dogs wrote:

I started with Verizon in 1995 and got my first big old Nokia phone mailed to my new house. They were already well established. That was 23 years ago....

Hmmmmm.

How we got to where we are today

Verizon Communications was created on June 30, 2000 by Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp., in one of the largest mergers in U.S. business history. GTE and Bell Atlantic evolved and grew through decades of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Today, Verizon is a global technology company delivering the promise of the digital world to millions of customers every day.

History and Timeline | About Verizon

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I know Verizon timeline says 2000.   It can’t be right.  Built the house in 1995-1996.  Spent first week with no power, heat etc.  ordered cell phone in desperation.   I’ll check records, but as far as I remember I started with Verizon.