Late Fees
Accountessa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously??  A $5 late fee with the very first new payment date (from the 5th to the 2nd of the month)?  Better update your automatic messages, as two days before the 5th (yes, 5th), I received a message that read my payment was due in two days.    And, because Verizon sent a late alert, perhaps the fees should be waived until Verizon catches up...with itself.

What a rip-off.  I am paying for a service in advance and still get hit up with a "late" fee (the payment was on-time per text message.)

Labels (1)
Re: Late Fees
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you not receive the email with the notice saying your bill was ready and it stated when the bill was due?

I will say the automated email saying the payment date was approaching was sent on the wrong date with the wrong due date as I got the same email too. I was able to ignore it as I had already paid my bill.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I received a text notification when my bill was ready on January 25. My bill was normally due on the 17th which means that this bill from January 25 would have been due on February 17. The text message told me when my auto pay card would be debited and there was a lone that says "Please note your bill due date has changed.". Then I was directed to log in to my account to find out more information.

I already knew that my bill due date was going to change but I wasn't worried about it because I go in manually no later than 2 weeks before my actual due date to make a payment.

Verizon can technically charge the late fee the day after your due date if it is not paid. Your agreement states that you will pay on or before the due date and if you do not then you will be assessed a late fee.

Verizon has been rolling out this change for at least 3 months and the information was included in previous bills. It is also in the notification section when you log in. They aren't hiding it.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Sorry but Verizon gives a 5 day grace period. Also you should know when your bill is due anyway. My bill is due on the 18th of each month I get a text telling me it's ready no later than the last day of each month. In other words I always have at least 18 days notice

Accountessa
Enthusiast - Level 2

For 15+ years I have paid on the 5th, as it worked with my pay cycle.  On time.  15 years.  There should be no "late" fee for a service that is prepaid.  THEY changed the due date to accommodate Verizon's needs.  Meanwhile, I have patiently tolerated dropped calls, lack of service areas, and other annoying features over the course of 15 years.  No rollover data.  No plan perks.. Gotta love how corporations treat loyal customers.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You cannot be prepaid if you're complaining of a bill due date change and a late fee.

Prepaid accounts do not get late fees. Prepaid accounts don't have due dates.

With prepaid, if you pay on the 5th you have service until the 4th of the next month. If you don't pay again, you don't get continual service and will be suspended.

I highly doubt you are prepaid.

There are may topics on this forum about this subject and they all say the same thing. Verizon is able to change the due date and we were all warned months in advance. You can call and have your bill cycle changed to be able to get your bill due date back to the 5th of the month. That is about it. I wouldn't waste any more time himming and hawing about it.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

Accountessa wrote:

For 15+ years I have paid on the 5th, as it worked with my pay cycle. On time. 15 years. There should be no "late" fee for a service that is prepaid. THEY changed the due date to accommodate Verizon's needs. Meanwhile, I have patiently tolerated dropped calls, lack of service areas, and other annoying features over the course of 15 years. No rollover data. No plan perks.. Gotta love how corporations treat loyal customers.

If you are so disappointed there are 3 other nationwide carriers to choose from. If you get a bill you are on POST-paid no prepaid. Verizon has rollover data. Also explain this term "loyal customer"? i don't get it.

the only way you could be considered a loyal customer is if you have better options for the same price or the same service for a cheaper price elsewhere but choose to stay with Verizon anyway. Well no offense, but that is a stupid thing to do. And so because one makes dumb financial decisions in hopes that some day they'd get some kind of perk they should be rewarded? I'm trying to figure out the logic behind this.

mama23dogs
Legend

Accountessa wrote:

For 15+ years I have paid on the 5th, as it worked with my pay cycle. On time. 15 years. There should be no "late" fee for a service that is prepaid. THEY changed the due date to accommodate Verizon's needs. Meanwhile, I have patiently tolerated dropped calls, lack of service areas, and other annoying features over the course of 15 years. No rollover data. No plan perks.. Gotta love how corporations treat loyal customers.

Where did this notion the bill is sent and due BEFORE you get service.  It’s not.  Postpaid accounts are paid AFTER service is already rendered. 

If the late fee is charged 5 days after due date, and your due date moved 3 days, it seems you have been perpetually paying 2 days late. 

KARLOP24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I'm not sure how much trouble you're experiencing wirh Verizon...i have regretfully been with this horrible, deceitful company 22 years to long. If you had an idea....of what they have put me through for OVER one year now...believe it or not...to a point that the stress, lying, and Illegal activities their Executive Relations Department took part in regarding my issues...you would run my friend. I am trying to put as much information out to people experiencing ANY issues at all....as Verizon is not only being investigated on major overcharging of thousands of people, their " Number one mobile carrier 1st place spot , year after year..has FINALLY  been taken from them. I happily offer to give you any further information should you be interested. Just PLEASE know, i want only to help as many people as im able.Sincerly, Karen

boringusername
Master - Level 1

KARLOP24 wrote:

Hi, I'm not sure how much trouble you're experiencing wirh Verizon...i have regretfully been with this horrible, deceitful company 22 years to long. If you had an idea....of what they have put me through for OVER one year now...believe it or not...to a point that the stress, lying, and Illegal activities their Executive Relations Department took part in regarding my issues...you would run my friend. I am trying to put as much information out to people experiencing ANY issues at all....as Verizon is not only being investigated on major overcharging of thousands of people, their " Number one mobile carrier 1st place spot , year after year..has FINALLY been taken from them. I happily offer to give you any further information should you be interested. Just PLEASE know, i want only to help as many people as im able.Sincerly, Karen

You have 3 other carriers and several MVNOs to choose form if you feel Verizon is so terrible. Only YOU are forcing yourself to stay.