Last update sucks battery life
Bird3300

New update a few days ago.  My battery practically drains before my eyes now.  Prior to the update, it was fine. Please tell me how to fix it and why this is an "improvement"?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Last update sucks battery life
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What device are you using?

You may want to research some of the battery complaints and the hundreds of posts on the Lollipop side. I believe Snn5 has posted many times regarding not updating over the current configuration and factory resting the device before and after applying the update.

Snn5
Legend

Thanks for the mention sprmankalel

Factory Reset

The following process has helped many, maybe you can benefit from this as well. I know you don't WANT to FDR, but if you haven't already, this might be a NEED to operation. Back up any photos documents or videos and other media to a PC or cloud service. Google Accounts will keep your contacts in Gmail and you can use Google Drive to back up everything instead of a PC and the Play Store will remember the apps you have downloaded before.

Plug into charger for the entire process (DISABLE google backup and restore of apps and app data)

Charge to 100% and back up and factory reset the phone Factory reset one more time

Unplug from charger

Set up your phone

Leave phone on until it dies and turns off 1 time Leave off and recharge to 100%

This is my usual process and I have had no issues.

SEE ALSO:

Updates, Resets, and Replacements

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bird3300,

Updates should enhance your phone not damage it. Let's look into this more. What kind of phone do you use? What applications do you normally use? Are all of your applications up to date?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes