Laggy LTE Performance in Milwaukee?
wisconsin_fly

Picked up an iPhone 5 earlier this month.  I've noticed that the LTE performance slows to a laggy crawl late morning/early afternoon and lasts for several hours.  This also impacts a pretty big hit to battery life as applications try to update/sync and there isn't a good connection.

I don't recall experiencing this issue on an old Galaxy Nexus.  If I turn LTE off, 3G data is OK, but having to do this shows poorly for all of the "fastest network" speak that gets thrown around.

Any body else experiencing something similar with an iPhone or other devices?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Laggy LTE Performance in Milwaukee?
wisconsin_fly

Maybe the LTE towers are solar powered and after the sun gets past a certain point in the sky, they need to rely on the reflection of the sun in passing cars...or off of other buildings...or the hamsters get tired...

0 Likes
Re: Laggy LTE Performance in Milwaukee?
wisconsin_fly

Looks like things are back up for now.  The lag/unresponsiveness ended around 3:00ish for 4 hours of rather useless LTE and 40% battery consumption.  Will update when it happens again tomorrow.  Goodnight everybody!

0 Likes
wisconsin_fly

Alrighty, 12:20 here in Milwaukee and LTE just went down for me again.  Was working just fine until about 12:10, and then things started getting a little dicey, and now, kaput.  I was on Twitter, Facebook, searching eBay, looking at the weather.  Now, my battery is just draining.  When the problems started, it was at 83%, already down to 80%.  Like a gas tank with a hole in it.

Wonder when LTE will come back...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to hear of the issues that you are having with your service wisconsin_fly! I totally understand the need of reliable service and I am here to see that happens. What is your zip code? How does the service work in other areas. Lets try to reset your network settings. Go to settings > general > reset > reset network settings. Please provide the details needed so that I can better assist.

Thank you,

Lena_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wisconsin_fly

Hi Lena_VZW,

The zip code where I am experiencing the issue is 53212, and the specific

address where I am having issues is   >>personal information removed<<

It is an odd issue because it works fine in the morning, and the late

afternoon, and today it has worked all day flawlessly.  At some point

though during the late morning or early afternoon a few days last week, and

Monday and Tuesday of this week, the LTE just stopped.

I've reset the network settings so we'll go from there.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
wisconsin_fly

Seems like the late afternoon is also a problem time as well.  Yesterday between 3:30 and 4:30, as well as today, 3:30 to 4:30 Central, service was iffy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wisconsin_fly,
Thanks for completing troubleshooting! Yes, please keep me posted on your success. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wisconsin_fly

So far, things have seemed to have cleared up.  What sort of magic voodoo did you do?  Why would a network reset be needed a mere week after a new activation?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wisconsin_Fly,

That's great to hear. Sometimes the phone needs to have the settings reset because we are constantly changing the way our network interacts with our devices. This would be a primary step in troubleshooting any network difficulties.

Sammuel_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes