Lack of network coverage
JONLOW78
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a problem I've had since I became a Verizon customer last November. My house and my work are both in areas that claim to have good LTE signal strength. However my wife and I almost never have network coverage at either location (inside or out). Both phones (iPhone 7+ and iPhone SE) have been updated, reset to factory settings, had their sim cards replaced, turned on and off HD voice, turned on and off roaming and contacted every form of customer service your company has (twitter, FB, physical stores and your customer support line).

After finally getting a ticket put in for a technical review I get a text message with a link to a web page that lists fixes Ive already done, and then suggest I might want to buy a 4G Network extender (for $400 and its on backorder). Finally the webpage basically tells me they cant tell me if/when they will ever fix the network congestion problem. My favorite line is "We can't share our build out plans, nor can we provide specific information about when service may improve in this area".

So I basically feel like Im paying $170 a month for an iPod touch as my phone is almost always on extended networks when Im at home or at my office. When I leave my house and transition to the cellular network Im on extended 1x with 1 bar. If I airplane my phone and take it back out I *might* get on LTE for a few minutes (usually less than a minute) before keeping forced back over to extended again. So Im now approaching my last nerve here. My wife is pregnant and so Ive been calling her a lot but if she is at our house or If Im at work (again both in great signal areas according to Verizon's maps) our calls connect about every 5th call (which raises large concerns with me in the case there is an emergency). So please tell me Verizon what am I supposed to do? Wait for my wife's water to break at home, hope that her call to 911 actually connects and then I find out about it after she is already at the hospital?

The area  I live in is growing considerably every year. Since I bought my house 4 new communities have build up within a 5 mile radius (Including a 200 room apartment complex). So the network in this area is only getting worse until you put in a new tower or add additional LTE radios to your existing towers. So again I ask you Verizon what am I supposed to do because staying with the current service Im getting when my wife might be in danger because she cant reach me and (as far as I can tell) she cant reach 911 is unacceptable.

Labels (1)
Re: Lack of network coverage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since when does a 4G LTE network extender cost $400? The last time I checked it was about $250.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

JONLOW78
Enthusiast - Level 1

you are correct but the point is Verizon is asking me to spend more money to use the service I already pay for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jonlow78,

You deserve expceptional coverage at all times. It saddens me to hear that this is not occurring in your area and I can certainly understand your frustration. Thanks for all your hard work in an effort to resolve this issue. Let's review additional options. I have sent you a Direct Message, please respond back to this message.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

JONLOW78 wrote:

Finally the webpage basically tells me they cant tell me if/when they will ever fix the network congestion problem. My favorite line is "We can't share our build out plans, nor can we provide specific information about when service may improve in this area".

At least PART of the problem here may be the fact Verizon does not know. Verizon can't simply erect a tower and improve service. Local governing bodies have to issue permits to do so. Local environmental groups pressure local governing bodies to NOT issue those permits. I know that in my location, a fast growing area took several years(5+ years) before the local governing bodies agreed to issue the required permits in order for multiple cellular providers to erect the towers to alleviate the woefully inadequate cellular coverage in the area. I remember local news stations airing coverage of town board meetings with people yelling back and forth about this stalemate.

IF I had another provider which would give me better service in the areas I frequent when my current provider does not have adequate coverage, I would certainly consider switching.

0 Likes