Lack of Training / False In-Store Advertising Complaint - Avon, CT Store (Want Executive Level Contact)
Sean222

Hello,

We have been Verizon customers for many years and typically enjoy the product and service.  However, this last upgrade we had a horrendous experience as a result of poor training by staff at the Avon, CT store.  We both upgraded our phones to Samsung Galaxy S4's.  My wife from an iPhone 4S and myself from an LG flip phone.

After the setup, we needed to contact Verizon on 4 separate occasions to remedy errors in the setup of our phones and issues with account billing. 

Issue 1 (False Advertising / Lack of training - company discounts):  The representative at the store wrote out our billing scenarios on the new "Edge" formatted comparison sheet and included a 15% blanket military discount to our bill, saying "yes you will receive a 15% discount on your bill".  He made no mention of the discount applying to the data package only AND even wrote an inaccurate bill number on the sheet, misleading us to a false monthly bill we were not prepared for.

Issue 2 (Lack of training - phone upgrade):I  My wife's iPhone text messaging was still active, causing her to receive texts on her old iPhone while missing key messages on the new Samsung Galaxy.  This took upwards of an hour on the phone with Verizon technical support to understand, and the problem ultimately was still not resolved (see Issue 2).

Issue 3 (Lack of training - phone upgrade):  The iMessaging service on my wife's iPhone was still active and needed to be turned to OFF.  This was not done in the store nor did anyone have any idea how to do it.  After yet another hour on the phone with Verizon tech. support, we reached that conclusion and it finally worked.

Note:  This happened to a relative as well during the exact time frame we had this happen!!

Issue 4 (Lack of training - phone activation):  My Samsung Galaxy S4 4G service was not activated for me.  I had no idea why I could not access the internet while out of the range of my WiFi until my wife figured out the 4G was off.  We were "all set to go" when inside the store.  This required again a 20min+ phone call to have to tear my phone apart to pull out the SIM card while they activated the 4G.

We would like to be contacted to discuss this experience and how we can help use this to improve the services and training requirements of Verizon.  Can we be connected to an executive level person?  We love the company, but this last experience was just miserable.

Thank you for your time.

Sean

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lack of Training / False In-Store Advertising Complaint - Avon, CT Store (Want Executive Level Contact)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sean222, thank you so much for this feedback! I do want to start off by saying that I am sorry for all the time that has been spent on getting these phones all up and working. Getting a new phone should be an exciting time! I would like to go issue by issue with you.

Issue 1: We would like to make sure that we provide this feedback to the store location to make sure that facts are delivered when we present customers what their monthly bill is going to be. It's very important to do so. In order for us to get this to go to the proper store and management could you please send us a Direct Message http://vz.to/1fbIKzK . (If you can accept my request to follow you. Then request to follow me back, I will then accept and you will be able to send me a Direct Message).

Issue 2/3: I know that we have been having some issues when a person comes from an iPhone to an Android phone with text messages. I am very shocked that it up to an hour for technical support to understand what was going on. I know that it took some time to finally get the messages to start working, but I am happy to hear that they were able to get things back up and running again.

Issue 4: Again, I apologize that when the device was set up at the store location they didn't test out the network before leaving the store. This is another issue that we could get addressed in the feedback to make sure that we check all the major functions of the phone are working before you leave the store.

I really hope to hear back from you in a direct message so we can provide the proper feedback.

Thank you,

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Lack of Training / False In-Store Advertising Complaint - Avon, CT Store (Want Executive Level Contact)
Sean222

Kevin,

I have requested to follow you and waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Sean

0 Likes