LTE connection as fast as 3G in MountainView
lucaseverini

Hello,
I live in Mountain View in an apartment complex nearby Rengstorff Park, at walking distance from downtown (Castro st).

Around a year ago I decided to switch from AT&T to Verizon because I had the idea that I was paying too much for an old unlimited iPhone data plan that I wasn't using much. With AT&T the internet speed was very good and never had any problem.
On the signal quality map published online by Verizon, my place is showed as having good connection.

While the phone calls are fine, the internet data has always been very, very slow regardless if I'm in my apartment or outside.

The signal is usually 2 or 3 out of 4 but the speed is so slow that even the Google search page takes long time to load and anything more like a news page shows just few things after minutes.

The device is the latest iPhone XS so for sure is not a lack of computing power. I had the same issue before with an iPhone 6.
As I move far from where I live the speed gets much better until is as good as is expected to be.

After many months this issue can't be considered a temporary one. The data connection never ever worked decently in the area where I live.

The support has been totally useless.

Before to cancel the contract, I'd like to know if there is anyone else who has a internet speed issue in Mountain View in the area around Rengstorff Park.
Thank you!

Luca

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE connection as fast as 3G in MountainView
danieller_vzw
Verizon Employee

I rely on my service to keep me connected at all times and definitely want you to be able to rely on your service, lucaseverini. We'd never want to see you go and would like to take a closer look into your area to find out what's going on and ensure you're getting the best possible service. Please complete a speed test at speedtest.net and provide your results. What's the zip code where you're located? What is your current Verizon plan?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: LTE connection as fast as 3G in MountainView
lucaseverini

Hello,

My zip is 94040. My plan is a prepaid $40.

The plan was renewed on December 8 and, at now, I should have 4 or more GBytes of data.

Just to give you the idea, to reply your message from the link on the email took 7 minutes.

That’s obviously unacceptable.

Please do something. Thank you!

Luca

0 Likes