Re: LIRR Cell service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never like to see you upset, DLSS. We need to gather as much information as possible when trying to discover the root cause of your service concern. I don't see any issues reported with regard to your commute. If this is just involving data speed, and your device is displaying LTE, then the towers are congested. The time in which you commute, would be the busiest time of the day I would imagine.  JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
polk4tds

I’d like to chime in and say that this has been the case for me and other riders on the northern Port Washington branch line, beginning in zip 11050 and going west to NYC.  Some areas are always low service or dead zones like Plandome, Douglaston, but it seems that in the last few months, any low service persists and my phone does not recover. 

Im using an iPhone XS with an unlimited plan and other riders with the same or older models experience the same issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details, polk4tds. We want to see this fixed. What's the make and model of your phone? Is your phone up to date on software? Do these connection issues mainly happen indoors or outdoors? 

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
Jbocelli

Verizon wireless data service is absolutely terrible along most of the Port Jefferson line from Jamaica east. It only seems to be getting worse and it's extremely frustrating. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jbocelli, we know the importance of having a reliable service, and we're here to help. Exactly what issues are you having with your data? When did the problem start?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
BsrLIRR

I also have the same problem. Most of the way from Penn Station until Valley Stream have 4 bars and show LTE.  Voice calls work fine but data doesn’t work at all.  This is true during rush hour and at off times.  The ride is above ground.  It seems that everybody using VZW has this issue.  Can you please address this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no,BsrLIRR! It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your data connection. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you tell us a little more? When did this issue start? Is is occurring in a particular location or multiple locations?  

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes