LIRR Cell service
NelsonE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi!

I recently purchased an Iphone X and became a new customer to Verizon wireless. I am a daily commuter from  the LIRR Westbury train station into Penn Station New York. I came over from Sprint where I was quite disappointed over the years with service in certain locations throughout the metro area. I have however found myself over the past few weeks becoming extremely frustrated since coming to Verizon as the my cell/data service is virtually non existent my entire commute. I had some issues but not very many while on Sprint but they paled in comparison to my virtually horrid service while on my 45 minute commute now on the Verizon network. Its frustrating because outside of my commute everything else has been great. Service in Penn Station is fantastic which used to be pretty bad through Sprint but as a regular commuter this is driving me slightly nuts. Is there any solution at all for this on Verizon's side? Maybe some towers are in repair along the route? I look forward to hearing from anyone at all on this.

Best Regards,

Labels (1)
Re: LIRR Cell service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you choosing us as your new service provider NelsonE. We always want to be sure your service is working the way it should. To clarify, are you stating that you only experience issues with service while you are on the train? What specific issues are you having with the service?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
NelsonE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Rashad,

Thanks for the follow up. So basically my service becomes non existent for the most part as the train is traveling from Westbury to Penn Station. Although it reads that LTE is active my bars will hover around 2 or 3 bars at times 1 and the internet doesn't work at all for the most part whether its opening emails, sending Imessages, Watching Videos, opening websites etc. I hope this answered your question.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You might try polling some other commuters on the train to see if their phones/services are experiencing the same issues as you.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the detailed info, NelsonE. Do you know of any other Verizon user on your commute that is experiencing the same type of issue? It seems as if the towers may be congested if you're showing 2-3 bars of LTE. Are you on an unlimited plan?

JoeyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
NelsonE
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my particular commute I’m not quite sure. I have heard from others that they experience similar issues on other LIRR lines. I am indeed on an unlimited plan.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NelsonE,

It's our highest priority to make sure you have great service everywhere you need it. How much of this is a subway ride? Sometimes service may be affected when underground.

JosephT_VZW

0 Likes
PacerrA
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue is a constant frustration I also have an unlimited plan. I get a strong LTE signal with all Bars and I cannot do anything internet related. I do not stream music or videos just surf for news or research. The service does not match the signal strength at all. Some spots are just dead like minneola train station others show strong signal but the survive stops Jamaica station Huntington station.

The service is horrible when commuting and frustrating at best when in a car. I’m paying for a service I do not get.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can certainly understand your frustration, PacerrA. Having reliable service is essential. What's the make and model of your phone? Is anyone else on your commute experiencing similar issues?

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
DLSS

Same happens for me and many other Verizon customer friends. I have full bars and LTE and zero service. Can’t send a text or use internet. 

Quite frankly your standard responses are more infuriating. 

Is there an issue with Verizon service along the LIRR for some reason?

0 Likes