LIED TO AGAIN BY VERIZON WIRELESS
rancarduke
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will not give the numerous details of my frustration with Verizon wireless but obnly to say the customer service representatives will simply lie to you to appease you.

I was told that certain rebates applied to my phone purchases I made 50 days ago. They never were applied. So when I complained, I was simply told that the original salesman was mistaken. They simply did not care that he misled me. This problem simply bounced from rep to rep and just simply never got resolved. So I asked them to pull a transcript of the call. I was told they do not keep transcripts. So it simply became my word against his. So although frustrated I simply paid my bill, ($130.00 in charges I was told would be credited.)

I am traveling out of the country next week. I called to activate the global plan. I then learn that my new phone would not work in my destination. Thats funny, when I bought the phone, I specifically asked for a phone that would work where I was going. This was the phone for me. The new rep simply says she is sorry and wished that the other person would have checked to see if the phone would work. So why didn't they? I told them exactly where I was going.

So it seems that you simply cannot trust the verizon reps. They will say anything to get you to purchase a phone and be committed to 24 months of services. I am considering violated my contract and switching carriers. Does anyone have any experience with this? I feel I could fight the termination fees justifiably as Verizon has never kept up their end of the arrangement. Any feedback would be great.

Labels (1)
Re: LIED TO AGAIN BY VERIZON WIRELESS
neva103

Good luck fighting the termination fees dude.

I was mislead as well. I was told that if I found that I did not need the 9.99 monthly data plan, I could cancel at any time. Not true,  it lasts the life of your plan.

Additionally, my monthly payment has increased .51. Why? I haven't a clue. Do the math, if only 1000 people were over charged or had their rates raised... think of that revenue stream! 

I'm looking forward to Aug when my plan expires, I'm outta here. And if they hassle me or continue to charge me after that date, I'm getting a lawyer. I'm tired of this <inappropriate comment deleted per TOS>!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you have a smartphone, you MUST have a data plan.  I'm sure they did not tell you othewise.  Taxes and fees are subject to change.  Read your contract.

0 Likes
neva103

I don't have a smart phone...

0 Likes
tiat26
Enthusiast - Level 2

This company is crazy. Everyone on here should repost these on Facebook and ask everyone to share. I have literally found hundreds of people who have been lied to by their salesman,myself included. Let's try to inform others so it does not happen to them. Also check out rip off report. I have posted my complaint there.

0 Likes