Kyocera Brigadier, Qi stopped
Sean_d

Got my phone about a year ago along with a tylt vu Qi charging pad at the same time. Qi worked fine for a couple weeks, then randomly stopped working. If I set the phone on the charging pad, the pad light turns green (indicating it's charging), but my phone only response is it'll get warm after a while. I can onlyuse the "plug_in charger". I replaced the tylt vu with another one, no improvement, I tried with the case, without it... No luck. I finally got Kyocera to take the phone to the repair center, they sent it back to me, a little cleaner, with a brand new SCREEN PROTECTOR...? And it still does the same thing, no Qi charging capability. They would not reply to my emails, phone calls since then, and yep, pretty sure the "1year warranty" just this month expired... I looked for other solutions, like a REALLY powerful Qi charger, but can't find one... Think I need a "flux capacitor"...?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kyocera Brigadier, Qi stopped
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sean_d

Wireless charging is a very convenient way to keep our devices battery topped off. I checked Tylt’s website and the compatibility page for the Vu does not list the Kyocera Brigadier as one of the compatible devices.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The wireless charging is an awesome feature to have with your phone Sean_d. We never like to learn that your phone isn’t responding to it. Let’s take a look to see what we can find here. Have you tried using a different brand of wireless charger to charge the phone? Have you tried alternate phones on the wireless charger to see if they charged correctly?

NicoleB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sean_d

I tried another Qi charger, I believe it was for a Samsung, can't remember honestly, cause it didn't work/ same issue, so I returned it...

0 Likes
Sean_d

I haven't tried a different phone, cause no one I know has a Qi phone

0 Likes
Sean_d

Thank you for quick response... I also remember someone from Kyocera (over the phone) telling me to try a "2 amp charger or stronger"... none of the. Chargers I found advertise or indicate this specification specifically... and the ones that did were not 2 amp. I also remember her telling me, maybe the phone was not supposed to work, with the tylt, but for some reason did (work), then it stopped, and "now it's fine"... seriously... Maybe at the least Verizon can "[removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] " someone at Kyocera...lol...

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Sean_d

your right, Qi is awesome... Plus, like I mentioned in my original post, I'll gladly hook up a flux capacitor, or gas powered generator (lol) in risk of blowing up my phone (literally) in an attempt to make the Qi work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to go back to the future, wireless charging is here now and is an awesome feature, Sean_d. We're committed to figuring out what is going on so we can get everything back in working order. So we can better assist can you provide us with the make and model of the wireless charger? Do you have the latest software version on your device (settings > system updates)?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Sean_d

The charger is a tylt vu. The other charger I tried and returned, was Samsung, I forgot. Yes my phone is always up to date. Thanks again

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sean_d

Wireless charging is a very convenient way to keep our devices battery topped off. I checked Tylt’s website and the compatibility page for the Vu does not list the Kyocera Brigadier as one of the compatible devices.

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
Sean_d

Verizon list the charger as compatible.

On Feb 12, 2016 9:48 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes