Known Global Roaming Outage
jpalamid
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are traveling in London as well and just learned from the international support folks that there is a known global roaming outage.  They indicated that VZW is working with their roaming partners to resolve this critical issue such that they are no longer taking individual trouble tickets.  Stay tuned...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Known Global Roaming Outage
mockmommmy

Same problem in Argentina.  No roaming, no access to data for messaging or web access.  Am told it is world wide.  Been out all day.  No indication from customer service of when there will be a fix - - they say they have been working on since the a.m..

0 Likes
tomashi99

This is complete bullshit. For four days I have not had global roaming which I paid for. I could not contact my family over the holidays. I want an answer to the resolution of this problem. I this day and age it should not take this long

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

So the ONLY was you could contact them was via cell? No wifi no nothing where you are? And global service is not guaranteed. If there's an issue there's an issue.

0 Likes
tomashi99

I am in Ethiopia.I checked with Verizon before I signed up for Global. for the first month here there was not issue with service. As noted this is something which started 4 days ago. I do not agree "if there is an issue, there is an issue". I pay for a service and expect delivery as promised. Verizon seems to make it extemely difficult to contact them when you are having a problem. I expect more as I have been with them for over 20 years.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well I'm sorry you disagree with that. You are roaming with one country's service in another continent. Just like her service is not guaranteed but you still have to pay for it, even much more the case would be abroad. It's not like verizon, sprint, etc could just send a tech over the to see what's up with the service. Perhaps next time you travel or even now you can purchase a local sim card and use local service. But I think you need to accept how the service works.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And you can have the verizon number call forwarded to the local sim number so that if people from the us call you it would still locally for them. (Just adding that in case you say everyone has your us number)

0 Likes
tomashi99

Pherson,I do not know who you are or what you expect from your carrier, but I have come to expect more, particularly when it comes to service. I have a local phone and sim. Your suggestions are trite and not helpful. Find another way to spend your time.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I am a fellow customer like yourself, who tried to offer you suggestive and rather helpful tips on how to have successful service. As to whether or not you take those tips is up to you. And like I said you cannot expect service to work 100 at home much less a not so advanced overseas company, regardless what you "think" you might pay for.

Good day.

0 Likes