Keeping your unlimited plan while upgrading from 3G to LTE
ozymandias9

Hello there,

I'm looking to upgrade my phone soon. I am currently on a family plan with a $30 unlimited data plan. My current phone is a Droid X which is a 3g phone.

I understand that in order to retain my existing unlimited data plan I will need to purchase a phone on my own and simply have it activated on my line. I'm okay with that. My question is if I want to upgrade to a "4g" LTE device will my unlimited plan still be in effect or will I be forced into a situation where my data is capped because I switched from 3g to LTE even if I followed the rules for keeping my unlimited plan by not utilizing a subsidized phone?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Keeping your unlimited plan while upgrading from 3G to LTE
WSURaiders3910
Enthusiast - Level 2

My understanding is you can't switch to 4G and still keep your unlimited data. Hopefully a moderator will have more info for you on this.

0 Likes
Miller6386
Contributor - Level 1

If you buy the phone at FULL retail price then yes you can keep your unlimited data... If you want to take advantage of the discounted price you will have to forfeit your unlimited data.... I ended up forfeiting mine and went to a 6GB shared... We went from having 1 smartphone and 2 regular phones to having 2 smartphones and 1 regular phone and out bill actually came down a little per month.... It worked out nice for us.....

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I did the Upgrade of my Droid X to my Razr Maxx that i currently have and is using the 4G) I did the Upgrade before the 28 of June and Retained my Unlimited and got the New Phone at the Price breakdown it was $299.99 But after the 28 that is when ones that want to keep the Unlimited will have to Pay the Full Retail Price Witch is $649.99 For the Old Style Razr Maxx or for the Same Full Retail Price you can get the New Razr Maxx HD)  Here is the Link for the Two of them. And there Prices

b33

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedP...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedP...

0 Likes