Keeping my unlimited data and free phone for Black Friday
Jules_3
Enthusiast - Level 2

The answers are always 50/50 when I ask Verizon reps but here's what I would like to do.

I have an original Samsung with unlimited data and my husband has the same phone with a 2gb plan.  We're both due for upgrades and I want the galaxy 4.  They are free at best buy, staples and others this weekend so I would love to get one.  I was thinking of doing the upgrade on his phone and switching the phone to my number.

Does the fact that I do it at a store other than Verizon make a difference and is it a problem to switch back the new phone to the old for my husband?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Labels (1)
Re: Keeping my unlimited data and free phone for Black Friday
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you did the upgrade through Verizon, then yes, you could upgrade your husband's line and activate the new phone on your line.

And again yes, upgrading somewhere other than Verizon can make a difference and can cause a problem.  Third-party retailers can have their own contract terms in addition to Verizon's.  For example, there can be a stipulation that no changes can be made within the first 180 days or you'll incur an ETF.  In other words, upgrading your husband's line and then activating the phone on your line would be a breach of contract.  I'd encourage you to read the fine print and thoroughly understand the store's contract before doing the upgrade.

Jules_3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for that!  I didn't realize there could be differences but then again, I know that some things are too good to be true.  I'll read through everything myself.  I also know better than to trust the commissioned stores employee.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Jules if you'd like give the info I included in my Link a look  it is for Verizon's Edge plan and program and if you visiting one of your local stores you might ask them if there still offering the Maxx 6GB promo..  Happy Thanksgiving b33

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/devices/edge.html   <  New Customers that sign up can get a $100 Gift Card

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP might not want to trade in their current phone or lose their unlimited data plan which will happen if they went with the Edge Max option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.