Keeping Unlimited data after upgrade, possible??
fritzo

Ok, the weirdest thing happened when I was trying to purchase a phone through VZW's website. First off, I'm on an individual plan (450 minutes, unlimited data). I know already that I would lose my unlimited data plan if I use my eligible discount on a new phone from Verizon. BTW I have a work discount for monthly service only. So, I figured I'd check out the data share anything plans before I buy anything. From "My Verizon" page I hit upgrade my device, chose the Moto X and go to the check out page all WITHOUT seeing the option to change my unlimited plan to the share plans. Weird. I tried it multiple times. I even tried it with the iphone 5s and GS4. When I chose those phones however, the data plans came up, but it gave me the option to KEEP my unlimited data. I chatted with a sales rep and I asked her if I went ahead and bought the Moto X without changing my plan, what would happen to my unlimited data. She said Verizon would just choose a plan for me until I changed it. That just sounds backwards to me. Anyone else experience this? Is this too good to be true? What's up with that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Keeping Unlimited data after upgrade, possible??
fritzo

here's a pic btw:

data.jpg

0 Likes
lanterneyes

I just noticed the same thing. Unfortunately for me, I just signed up for Edge and am waiting for my iPhone 5S to ship. I wonder if this is a glitch or a marketing tactic to sell the Moto X?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There was a glitch over the weekend.  It has since been fixed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes